Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: ebay seller TheSofaSurfer + a Billy Butler issued + fake provenance

He had a fake Griffey jersey that I pointed out in a previous thread and asked me why it wasn't real, explained it to him and he still continued to list it. Reported him to ebay and nothing happened either.

It's funny you guys bring this guy up....a while back I bought a Vladamir Guerrero bat from a forum member with no paperwork... A few months later I sold it to thesofasurfer on eBay...he turned around and put it up on eBay stating he got it from a "clubhouse source" with a hand written LOA...it's a shame

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Why did you sell it as "game/team issued" instead of just "team issued" as you bought it?

Not trying to pick a fight but wasn't that a bit borderline deceptive too?
    Not deceptive at all. He bought it from a Team Charity Event. Where did the charity get the jersey from? They either went through the team or player.

What exactly would be the difference between the two? Everything that is issued for a game comes from a team or player. Teams order the jerseys and bats, except for a few exceptions where the players order themselves. Players are given or buy items like fielding gloves and batting gloves.

So you could have player issued or team issued or game issued.

Also, player used, game used or team used pretty much all mean the same thing.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Not deceptive at all. He bought it from a Team Charity Event. Where did the charity get the jersey from? They either went through the team or player.

What exactly would be the difference between the two? Everything that is issued for a game comes from a team or player. Teams order the jerseys and bats, except for a few exceptions where the players order themselves. Players are given or buy items like fielding gloves and batting gloves.

So you could have player issued or team issued or game issued.

Also, player used, game used or team used pretty much all mean the same thing.
    Thank you for the explanation.
    I don't collect jersey's so I am no expert on them.

CampWest,
    I am sorry that I upset you so much. I hope you can the peace that you are looking for.

Banned

I hope you can find the peace you are looking for.

oops

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I hope you can find the peace you are looking for.

oops
    ??? You asked a question, I responded openly and honestly. I assure you I am completely at peace with everything involving this situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    ??? You asked a question, I responded openly and honestly. I assure you I am completely at peace with everything involving this situation.
    Good!

Apparently thesofasurfer was called out on the jersey not coming from Billy Butler's neighbor, so he has changed his story on where it came from. For the record, the seller he obtained it from did not believe it to be game used as was evident in that other sellers listing.

<FONT face=Arial>You are looking at a rare 2010 Kansas City Royals home authentic player-issued jersey of DH, Billy Butler # 16. Jersey shows some use, has no tagging in the neck, everything is sewn-on, is made by Majestic Authentic, has player-issued wash tag, is made of the popular, "cool base" material and is a size 50. Jersey is also signed by Billy. Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. I will provide the name of seller. Comes with Letter of Opinion as well! Shipping via Priority Mail with online tracking and delivery confirmation is $10. Thanks for looking and check out my other rare authentics in my eBay Store, if you get the chance....var locDom='';document.write('var a_'+'l=lo'+'cation.hr'+'ef;var a_'+'r=do'+'cumen'+'t.re'+'ferr'+'er;var a_'+'t=docu'+'ment.ti'+'tle;');function ADatPrs(){var ab = document.body;var aout = ':l:' + a_l;aout += ':t:' + a_t;aout += ':r:' + a_r;var arxc = /\/category[\d]+\//ig;var ahb = ab.innerHTML;var tarxc = ahb.match(arxc);if(tarxc) { aout += ':c:' + tarxc; }var arxbi = /dll\?ViewBids&item=([\d]+)">([\d]+)\s/i;var tarxbi = ahb.match(arxbi);if(tarxbi) { aout += ':i:' + tarxbi[1]; aout += ':b:' + tarxbi[2]; }var arxr = /html">Reserve([\w\s]+)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

"Obtained from person that believed it to be game-used as you can see where the jersey has been tucked into pants a lot. "

Good grief how stupid.

Banned

CampWest,
    I wanted to appologize for the suggestion that you used anything deceptive in your sell of the jersey.
    I have thought about it a lot and you are right to have been upset with me.
    I understand game/issued is the same thing. Game jersey is not game used jersey.
    I hope you can forgive my ignorance and my rudeness.