Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    A sense of humor would be good in this occasion...Let's just leave this as you have your point of view, and I have mine. One of us will be wrong in due time. You are free to look into my background...I welcome it!!!
    That's where you are so misguided. This isnt a game of which one of us are right, this is about honor and looking yourself in the mirror and integrity.

Forget about the FBI report as the current posts tell me all I need to know about how they operate today. I make less than $82,000 and I dont have $200 to gamble on whether it is game used or game issued. I may have a day that I will have to sell a jersey and need to be 100% comfortable in selling that jersey as described for my own peace of mind.

Banned

Wow guys, both of you - This is a discussion and each of you are allowed to see the situation differently. There is no need for petty insults and background checks.

If you don't like regarding someone's posts you can block them from being read on this forum, but petty insults over one man giving how they see the situation versus how someone else sees it is very childish and immature.

I thought I would add my two cents here. In the past, I had dealings with an entity that I later found out was perpetrating fraud and had sold many fake and misrepresented items. Did that mean that everything I owned from that source was fake? Absolutely not. However, their credibility was tarnished, and I didn't know what was genuine from what had contrived use. The only way around this is photomatching, and I didn't have photomatches. The end result was taking my business elsewhere.

If people have genuine issues with JO Sports - which I'm sure they do - then the best move would be to stop doing business with them. From what I understand, JO has knowingly perpetrated fraud on at least some occasions. Put your money where your mouth is; find another source for your game used items. There are plenty out there; no one source has a total monopoly on the market. While I understand people might buy with clear and convincing photomatches, in other cases, it sends a powerful message to take one's business elsewhere.

FYI, dealers who engage in fraud don't just do it when they are caught. It's never a one-time thing and about faking one or two jerseys on a couple of occasions. For every time that JO was caught, there are tens of other times where they were able to get away with such crooked business practices. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Im not tied to anything or anyone except my wife by law!!! Dont twist my words, as you missed the point... Either way, the point is that how many of you that are on here writing negative comments about this company have actually had a bad experience with this company, where the issue wasnt resolved by a member of there staff??? The majority of you that are complaining are just trying to bring this company down to its knees for the pure sake of enjoyment. Most of you are not directly affected by this situation, and should not be allowed to decide the outcome of this companies future by chiming in for no reason, but to add fuel to the fire. If any member or members on here have had real issues with this company that were not resolved in a positive manor, than by all means speak up, if not than take 34sweetness's advice!!! Fact, i know of many high end auction houses that have misrepresented numerous items as being game used and gave the items high marks of significant use!!! Well let me tell you, that was absolutely not the case at most times, in fact it was teh exact opposite of what was described, this happens everywhere and no one company is exempt from these practices! Instead of the pitch fork parade on J.O, why not parade around to all of these so called game used experts and there houses, and go after the whole sellers community, instead of singling out one person or entity??? Everone is guilty and different ways. On another note, JO is not perfect and have made mistakes, and there is a lot of room for improvement on there part and issues need to be fixed, whether it be adding more staff to correct these problems or doing more homework. Im not trying to be a rah rah guy, but like ive said, im speaking of my personal experiences with this company and i have had no bad ones yet...
    You are right, there are a number of auction houses that have suffered from this very issue. One of them had their owner arrested at the National and hopefully the ones who are guilty of these errors and outright fraudulent activities will continue to fall one by one. There are also in my experience a number of auction houses REA, Huggins and Scott, Hunt to name a few that have readily answered questions on here and pulled questionable material in the past when presented to them.

In this case if all accounts are true, this company was selling items manufactured to represent game use and when items were returned back to them apparently with proof that what they were selling was not as advertised; instead of either changing the description or eating the items they put them back on the market as exactly what they originally had them listed as. They ignored the proof they were presented with. That is called fraud, and it is exactly the very transgression that had Steve Jensen arrested at the National several months ago.

I think LegalEagle summed this up pretty well. Regardless of what evidence has been or will be presented, it is painfully obvious JO is guilty for something or he would not be pleading this out or be in the process of pleading this out right now.

Hopefully those who are still siding with JO will have the FBI or federal prosecutor contact them and maybe they can go view all the evidence at the Federal building and then decide for themselves since they are so concerned about what has and has not been made available in terms of the physical evidence for all to see to this point.

Jeb

Banned

I like paragraphs.

See and thats the other problem, ive heard a couple members make comments about how they hope JO has a fire sale and another guy said he hopes he can get a rams jersey on the chaep now, without taking out a second mortgage!!!! That tells me most haters are non-customers, who are bashing for the possibility of getting GU on the cheap, cuz they cant afford Jo prices, if this is the case then i feel sad for you! I knew there was more than meets the eye to the hate thats going on with this forum. People are jealous that JO cornered the market and dont agree with there prices, thats fine, i dont blame you. But if you dont like it, you can always haggle with them on the price, i know ive never paid triple fold, or paid full price on a jersey i bought. So if you want to wait for the secondary market, be my guest. Best of luck. It just proves what the real motive is on this thread, and what some people are all about. Haters will hate and ballers will ball. Oh Well.
    Lighten up Palehose, I was only trying to bring a little humor into this situation. I have purchased jerseys from JO Sports in the past. Am I concerned? Yes, somewhat. Am I bashing JO because of their prices? No, not really. People will pay what they feel is an appropriate price. I'm just saying if a person pays a ton of money for a jersey, it damn well better be real. In the end, what intrinsic value do these jerseys hold? The answer is - NONE. Other than wearing them to keep warm, they have no value. Try taking one to a grocery store and swapping it for food.

Enjoy the hobby!

Does this allow me to speak my mind on this subject?

Geez people, this isn't a national tragedy. It could be a scam or it could be a misunderstanding. Whatever the case, whether someone has purchased from JO Sports or not, each of us has the right to express our thoughts - without qualifications.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    If people have genuine issues with JO Sports - which I'm sure they do - then the best move would be to stop doing business with them.

Your statement wasn't very thoughtful at all. Most people that have issues with JO Sports, refuse to do business with them because of outrageous prices, highly questionable items, misrepresented items, shill bidding in their auctions etc. The people that are complaining are those that already refuse to do business with them. It's the other uneducated "I'll take your word that it's real, just because you say it is" that keeps their company in business. Everyone will agree that they do indeed have legitimate items and everyone will agree that there are a large number of fake and/or misrepresented items.

I've always said that having just 1 fake item in your collection or for sale by a dealer makes your entire collection/merchandise questionable. Look at companies like Steel Town Memorabilia. They have 10,000+ sales of fake jerseys, pictures, etc and have a 99.99% perfect positive feedback. People want something for nothing and are willing to justify and believe they got the deal of the century on items even if that item is clearly fake.

No Value??? IDK what you bought, but as i stated before they come with team LOA's from the equipment managers and photo matches that are good enough for me and most others, sorry if thats not the case with you! To respond to the other point, Im speaking of the most popular auction houses that are still in business all have or had questionable items that they try to sell, even after it is brought to there attention... Im not saying im just saying! They have been members who sold things that werent described accurately and knowingly or unknowingly tried to sell them before doing all the necessary homework, and luckily those items werent sold to some poor sap who doesnt know any better. So like i say, everyone makes mistakes or bad judgement calls, even the best of the best do it, and people you trust and believe in! To me seeing an LOA that describes game use as a 10/10, and the piece looks like it was jsut removed from its wrapper, is just as bad if not worse that calling something thats issued used. And theres a lot of that going on...
    I think you missed the KEY word - intrinsic. The jersey is made of cloth and the only value cloth has is to keep you warm. I know game used jerseys have value, but only to someone who collects them. They have no value until you sell them. Right? It's the same with a set of baseball cards, a game used ball, bat, hat, etc. No value until it's sold.

Banned

Palehose for life,
    Don't you get it Jarrod didn't make mistakes. He forged game used equipment and LOA's. THATS NOT A MISTAKE THATS A CRIME!!!!!!!