Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    Picked up some vintage game used flannel jerseys in the Heritage Auctions Signature Auction. Should be arriving any day.

1. 1938 Ray Berres Pittsburgh Pirates Game Used Jersey
    2. 1946 Nivk Strincevich Pittsburgh Pirates Game Used Jersey
    How are those in person as I was trying to win these myself and you outbid me, they look sweet.

I picked up some of the 1978-84 lot as well as a pair of 1979 gamers from that Heritage Auction

Here's some of my items, game used Bucs jerseys, Forbes Field and Three Rivers items
    Attached Images Attached Images    

More Pics

Quote Originally Posted by mrozie View Post
    More Pics
    Wow mrozie, your collection looks more like a museum! Simply incredible pieces you have there. I especially like the framed and matted artist rendition of Three Rivers with the open end that was originally proposed (and eventually rejected as we all know). I still believe to this day had they gone with that design Three Rivers Stadium would still be standing today.

How are those in person as I was trying to win these myself and you outbid me, they look sweet.

I picked up some of the 1978-84 lot as well as a pair of 1979 gamers from that Heritage Auction
    Michael,

Can you please email me @ TNT_Toys@yahoo.com regarding Bill Robinson items?

Many thanks,
    Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Hey mrozie,
    Love the vintage Pirates collection, especially the 70's stuff! The two vintage flannels look great. Just love the 1938 as I used to oogle the one in Frankie Gustine's restaurant on Cardiac Hill when I was a kid. It was his game worn one from the same year, so to get one just like it is a big thrill for me, especially since it shared the same dugout as the Waner brothers, Traynor, Wagner, etc. Sorry you were the underbidder, but I just had to have it and the 1946 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Wow mrozie, your collection looks more like a museum! Simply incredible pieces you have there. I especially like the framed and matted artist rendition of Three Rivers with the open end that was originally proposed (and eventually rejected as we all know). I still believe to this day had they gone with that design Three Rivers Stadium would still be standing today.

That's the acual painting from the proposal from 1962, one of my pride and joys

Quote Originally Posted by hrvatwill View Post
    Hey mrozie,
    Love the vintage Pirates collection, especially the 70's stuff! The two vintage flannels look great. Just love the 1938 as I used to oogle the one in Frankie Gustine's restaurant on Cardiac Hill when I was a kid. It was his game worn one from the same year, so to get one just like it is a big thrill for me, especially since it shared the same dugout as the Waner brothers, Traynor, Wagner, etc. Sorry you were the underbidder, but I just had to have it and the 1946 one.
    I don't blame you they're great! I have a pair of game used pants from 1938 that would have gone great with the jersey (Lloyd Waner's)

Here's a picture of my Dad on this fourth of July before leaving for the Pirate game. The Pirates are giving away free tickets to all veterans and their families! Dad is a Korean vet and is wearing a game used jersey I got him for his birthday when I first entered the hobby. What a class act by the Bucs to honor all veterans! Raise the Jolly Roger!

I have 21 Pirates bats, 1 Kevin Young jersey and a Al Martin Fielding Glove. Plus some autographs I got in the 1990's.

Name:  pirates1.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  553.7 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...