Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    I loved me some Jay Bell back in the day. I was glad he finally got his ring with Arizona. I still remember when he won his gold glove and broke the Wizard's strangle hold on the award at short. Nice seat and shot of Three Rivers!
    Jay is still one of the nicest human beings on the planet, I think. I got to talk with him again a couple of weeks ago at an Arizona League game, where he was giving Andy Green a hand coaching the rookies, and I hope to see him again tomorrow, though he might be back to coaching his son's baseball team, now that school has started up.

AWESOME!! Great piece you got there, shame he has been hurt since that incredible debut. At least they took two of three from the Gnats.

What are the odds that all three jerseys from this auction were won by GUU members?! Very cool....
    That is really neat. I'm was glad to see them win the Giants series as well to hopefully get the ship turned in the right direction. But now it's on to Milwaukee and Miller Park. Yikes!

Does anybody per chance know what the team is going to do with the 1971 throwback uniforms that they wore earlier this season? I have been waiting for them to hit MLB Auctions but to no avail. Are they selling them in the team store instead? Does anybody on this thread have access to the team store? Would be grateful for any answers.

Pretty much every jersey from Josh's stay in Pittsburgh in 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Guess what!!! I just found footage of my Bagwell HR marker. The video that this came from is from Frank Thomas's performance at the 1994 HR Derby. I never thought I would see my actual marker hanging from Three Rivers. I can't quite explain how excited I am, like that kid in the candy store.

Here is the original video.

If someone could take high resolution screenshot(s) of the number 9 and email them to me, I would be eternally grateful to you.

My email is bagwellgameused@gmail.com.

-Frik
    Good for you, Frik! Nice work, I know that makes your day !

Quote Originally Posted by GotInk? View Post
    Pretty much every jersey from Josh's stay in Pittsburgh in 2007...

Though I loathed these when they used to wear them, I would LOVE to own one of the red ones now!

Yeah Kyle I believe he paid 290.00? Right? And thank you also

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Eric! I appreciate the comments.

@MLB~NUT, so you won the Ludwick...nice! Did you happen to see what the Derrek Lee went for? I missed the end of that auction. I was this close to bidding on that one also.

Yes I did, and thanks, $290.00 for the Lee, I wanted to bid but with him being hurt, I got my eyes on a few Cardinals Gamers!!!

Good for you, Frik! Nice work, I know that makes your day !
    Thank you, Shipp_96. It truly does make my day. I also found out some interesting nuggets of information, which I will post below.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Guess what!!! I just found footage of my Bagwell HR marker. The video that this came from is from Frank Thomas's performance at the 1994 HR Derby. I never thought I would see my actual marker hanging from Three Rivers. I can't quite explain how excited I am, like that kid in the candy store.

Here is the original video.

If someone could take high resolution screenshot(s) of the number 9 and email them to me, I would be eternally grateful to you.

My email is bagwellgameused@gmail.com.

-Frik
    Here is some interesting photographic evidence about the plate. See the #11 in this photo where the #9 originally was? Some tape residue on my Bagwell marker seems to confirm that #11 was put over #9, sometime after the 1994 All-Star Game HR Derby in Pittsburgh. This is all notwithstanding that HR #11 was hit on May 6, 1994 by Glenallen Hill a couple months before the derby. Perhaps the Pirates didn't have the Hill plate made until later in the year. There are also some dents on my Bagwell HR marker that lend evidence to its being hit on the fly - once by Hill and possibly a couple more times in BP. Another interesting tidbit is that the HR distances of #9 and #11 are listed as different, even though ample evidence shows that they hit in the same spot.

#9: Jeff Bagwell - 5/5/91 off Pirates' Bob Kipper (LF) 472'
    #11: Glenallen Hill - 5/6/94 off Pirates' Denny Neagle (LF) 457'

Upper Deck After All Upper Deck HR had been hit

Upper Deck During 1994 ASG HR Derby

My Bagwell HR marker with dents, as well as tape residue on the bottom center portion
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

My Bagwell HR marker with dents, as well as tape residue on the bottom center portion
    GREAT research done with the HR marker! I am glad you were able to piece everything together and find out what you did, that is simply awesome.

It is very gratifying when you own a piece and are able to get it's history.