Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Re: Show off your Pittsburgh Pirates items!

Thanks MLB~NUT,

Unfortunately by the time I got off work (PST) and read your post, they were already closed. I will call them on Monday.

No one has ever contacted me from MLB auctions "customer service", which is really sad. I would have bid on numerous auctions in the future, but now I am not so sure.

I am going to sound old here, but I miss when customer service meant you actually spoke to a human.

Oh well, thank you again for the help. I will keep you posted when it inevitably arrives.

Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Shipp 96, here goes one. I found this photo of Willie Stargell from 1980 when the City of Alameda held a parade in his honor. It was Willie Stargell Day and the field at my old high school was dedicated in his name.

The cool thing is an 11 year old ME is in this photo. I am the dark haired kid who's head is directly below the young black girl with the beaded braids in her hair. I had never seen this photo before last night when I found it on Photoshelter.com and I was shocked to see my mug in it. Luckily the photographer has this photo for sale so I am going to buy a copy of it. I plan to frame it with the two "Welcome Home Willie" pin-on's that I kept from that day.
    Sorry, but I can 't figure out which mug is yours. Which black girl has the beaded braids? Where is she relative to the photo?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Yep that's me 31 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Oh were you the long-haired kid on the right toward the front?

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Yep, you circled the right kid!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

You are the one circled? Sorry to be confused; there are a lot of people in that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Thanks MLB~NUT,

Unfortunately by the time I got off work (PST) and read your post, they were already closed. I will call them on Monday.

No one has ever contacted me from MLB auctions "customer service", which is really sad. I would have bid on numerous auctions in the future, but now I am not so sure.

I am going to sound old here, but I miss when customer service meant you actually spoke to a human.

Oh well, thank you again for the help. I will keep you posted when it inevitably arrives.
    I agree about customer service, especially getting an american on the phone these days...

Thats just an awesome photo & find...what a thrill that had to have been!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Dewey, that is REALLY cool! What an awesome find!! You have me wanting to go look for old Steelers 70s training camp photos and see if I can find a young me also!