Posters,

Going back a ways and I may be giving up my age....In 1975 McAuliffe Corp. made additional Reggie Jackson A's jerseys to be used as salesman samples and for retailers to display in their stores. Most of these jerseys were either green or gold, but some white jerseys were manufactured and not game used by Reggie. They are very difficult to identify as the tagging is identical. One tipoff is the light or no game use. Most die hard A's collectors in the 80's and 90's stayed away from the '75s for this reason. This information was given to me by Dick Dobbins who I bought a handful of A's jerseys from almost 20 years ago. Frank Fleizach who had one of the largest A's game used jerseys before he auctioned it off on Lelands also advised me of this issue.

I have been tracking the sale/auction of all A's jerseys over the last five years. In that time, nine Reggie knits were auctioned off. Five (5) from 1975 and four (4) from 1974. Of the '74s only one was all original. MEARS agreed with me that one was a fake, and two others were reduced by MEARS when I pointed out significant alterations. Of the 1975s I own one which is all-original, one was pulled from the last SCP auction immediately after I pointed out significant alterations. The other 3 from 1975 appear to be all original, but again quite a few jerseys in that time frame especially when 4 of the 5 from 1975 were green.

Mark