Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

primer on tagging for Majestic BP jerseys - early 80s to present

here is a primer on tagging for MLB Majestic bp jerseys from the early 80s to the present. the primer is divided into 2 areas - collar and outside tail; the 2 areas where majestic tagged their bp jerseys.

depending on the year and style, majestic bp jerseys were either tagged solely in the collar, solely on the body, or both.

majestic made bp jerseys in v-neck pullover, 2-button pullover, half-zip pullover, and buttondown pullover styles. each of these were tagged differently even within the same year. half-zips, for example, were never tagged in the body. v-neck pullovers, on the other hand, were usually tagged on the body.

the primer may seem awkwardly laid out, however, due to the facts mentioned above, it's the only way to accurately present the data. if you're going to use the primer to date Majestic bp jerseys, then first find out whether that specific style of bp jersey should be tagged in the collar, body, or both according to pro (not retail) specs. then look to the primer to date the actual tags present. if the jersey has a tag in the collar, it should fit be able to be dated by one of the eras in the primer's "collar" area. if it also has a tag in the tail, it should be able to be dated by one of the eras in the "outside tail" area. these 2 dates should then overlap to give you a more precise idea of when the jersey was used.

if anyone has any insight or corrections, i'd love to hear it.

Name:  majestic_bp.jpg
Views: 12044
Size:  444.3 KB

rudy.

Banned

Re: primer on tagging for Majestic BP jerseys - early 80s to present

KingJammy am just want to make clear these BP Majestic Jersey are these Game Used or Retail? Like I said I just want to make sure I am clear on this.
    Also towards the latter taggin they stitched in the sizes of there Jersey with the manufacturing tagging. What did the size tagging look like in the early 80's ones?

the primer is for pro gamers, not retail. (although, doing one for retail wouldn't be a bad idea).

suave, not sure what you mean by your last comment regarding stitching in the sizes? in the early 80s, the body tag looked as shown in the primer for that time period. the collar tag also looked as is shown in the primer for that time period. one thing that's not evident is that if you look at the collar tag for the early 80s, there's a paper tag behind it. the paper tag has the size on it. like this:

does that answer your question?

rudy.

Banned

Yes that is what I was looking for.

Banned
    The interior tag code for team-issued BP jerseys changed during the 1990s. From 1990-97, the code for the real deal was 6000. After that, until the advent of the Cool Base BP shirts, the code was changed to 0006.

Dave Miedema

Banned
    After that, pro issued BP shirts were code 0063 from 2003-06, and 0068 from 2007-11.
    Dave M.