Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Name this Michigan Team??

Hi group, picked up this battle scarred beauty because it matched my local university team from back in the day.

I'd like to know if anyone can name the real team this is from, possibly from within the state of Michigan?

Thanks
    Tom

Re: Name this Michigan Team??

Nice jersey.
    Looks like a Rawlings wash tag. Lippman's is the distributor, maybe made by Rawlings.
    Definitely from the 50s.
    Maybe Detroit University. I'll do some more research.

If looking into the college route, my thought would be Central Michigan or Ferris State (both use Maroon and Gold...but alot of teams opted for while letters back then).

I am no expert on these older jerseys, but it may be from a high school also.

Best of luck. If anyone can dig it up BTPH is the man!

Looks an awful lot like St. Ambrose, one of the dominant high school teams of that era.
    Lippman's also was a supplier to the Detroit Lions and the Detroit Red Wings.
    Larry Pelliccioni

It might be from Harper Woods High School just outside Detroit.....my dad played football there in the 60's and off the top of my head I think those are their colors.

I corresponded with Rick Gosselin who wrote a book about St. Ambrose football. He does not think this is a St. Ambrose piece. Possibly St. Anthony's. Tom