Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Vince Malta Book Update

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to update everyone regarding the status of Vince Malta's upcoming "Complete Reference Guide to Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats". I had the privilege of being part of a meeting yesterday with Mr. Malta and the publisher where the design components were approved. Thus, the publisher now has all they need to move forward and the only steps that remain at this point are the artwork production, proofing and printing.

At this point I can definitely confirm the following:

1) Barring any major hiccups (which are not expected given the remaining steps) the book should be ready in time for the holidays (hopefully in November); and

2) I actually received copies of the different sections of the book yesterday and I will tell you that this book is going to be absolutely incredible.

In addition, we were given more player charts in the meeting yesterday which will be be adding to the site over the next few months until the book is released. When all is said and done we will have over 140 player charts available for members.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you that, although the book has taken longer than expected to get to market, once it is released you will see that it is definitely worth the wait.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe

Re: Vince Malta Book Update

I spoke with the publisher yesterday and they, along with Vince, are in the final stages of the proofing process. Once the proofing is completed, the only thing that remains is the final printing.

As of right now, the target delivery date is December 15th and they are doing everything they can to try to get the book out before the holidays. However, given the likely reliance of the player charts in the book, they are taking extra care to make sure there aren't any typographical errors in that regard (and there are a lot of charts). I will reconnect with the publisher over the next week to see if the proofing is done by then and if the December 15th date is still likely at that point.

In addition, we have been working with our site developer to improve our process for loading the player charts on the GUU site. At this point, we have about 80 more charts we need to add to have all the charts available on GUU (there are nearly 140 in all). I confirmed with our developer this morning that we should have about half of the remaining charts (about 40) online by the end of November and the other remaining half (the other 40) by December 15th to coincide with the potential release date.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I hope everyone can see by the book excerpt Mike Specht used in his post about factory records (linked below) that this book is going to be an indispensable resource for game used bat collectors:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5363

Sincerely,
    Chris Cavalier

Re: Vince Malta Book Update

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken with both Vince Malta and the book publisher and it looks like the book is now scheduled for release sometime in late January. The reason is that the publisher is being extra careful in the proofing process since they will not be able to make any changes (especially in the bat player chart section) once the book is published.

For more information about the book, below is a link to a story that was written for the Sports Collector's Daily site. Notably, I believe the first two paragraphs speak to the timing of the release:

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...ost-ready.html

When I spoke with Vince he was very apologetic that the book was not able to be released before the holidays. As such...

Vince has offered to put together an additional 10 charts of notable players not in the Hall-of-Famers that we can post on the GUU site for its members. Therefore, if our members can post suggestions of who they would like to see (I'm guessing guys like Pete Rose, Gil Hodges, etc.) we will select 10 players for which Vince has the records. If you would like to make any suggestions as to which players you would like to see charts for, please respond on the following thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5563

In addition, in case you haven't seen it already, we have posted all of the player charts from the book online in the 'Game Used Library' section of the GUU site. Please note that the charts are best viewed using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader which can be downloaded FREE from the Adobe site located at:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the charts. Here is a list of all 145 player charts that are now available on the Game Used Universe site:

Aaron, Henry
    Alston, Walter
    Anderson, Sparky
    Aparicio, Luis
    Appling, Luke
    Ashburn, Richie
    Averill, Earl
    Bancroft, Dave
    Banks, Ernie
    Bench, Johnny
    Berra, Yogi
    Boggs, Wade
    Bottomley, Jim
    Boudreau, Lou
    Brett, George
    Brock, Lou
    Bunning, Jim
    Campanella, Roy
    Carew, Rod
    Carey, Max
    Carlton, Steve
    Carter, Gary
    Cepeda, Orlando
    Clemente, Roberto
    Cobb, Ty
    Cochrane, Mickey
    Collins, Eddie
    Combs, Earle
    Cronin, Joe
    Cuyler, Kiki
    Dean, Dizzy
    Dickey, Bill
    DiMaggio, Joe
    Doby, Larry
    Doerr, Bobby
    Drysdale, Don
    Durocher, Leo
    Eckersley, Dennis
    Feller, Bob
    Ferrell, Rick
    Fingers, Rollie
    Fisk, Carlton
    Ford, Whitey
    Fox, Nellie
    Foxx, Jimmie
    Frisch, Frankie
    Gehrig, Lou
    Gehringer, Charlie
    Gibson, Bob
    Gomez, Lefty
    Goslin, Goose
    Greenberg, Hank
    Grimes, Burleigh
    Grove, Lefty
    Gwynn, Tony
    Hafey, Chick
    Hartnett, Gabby
    Heilmann, Harry
    Heinie, Manush
    Herman, Billy
    Hornsby, Rogers
    Hoyt, Waite
    Hunter, Catfish
    Irvin, Monte
    Jackson, Reggie
    Jackson, Travis
    Jenkins, Fergie
    Kaline, Al
    Kell, George
    Kelly, George
    Killebrew, Harmon
    Kiner, Ralph
    Klein, Chuck
    Koufax, Sandy
    Lasorda, Tommy
    Lazzeri, Tony
    Lemon, Bob
    Lindstrom, Freddy
    Lombardi, Ernie
    Lopez, Al
    Lyons, Ted
    Mantle, Mickey
    Maranville, Rabbit
    Marichal, Juan
    Mathews, Eddie
    Mays, Willie
    Mazeroski, Bill
    McCovey, Willie
    Medwick, Joe
    Mize, Johnny
    Molitor, Paul
    Morgan, Joe
    Murray, Eddie
    Musial, Stan
    Newhouser, Hal
    Niekro, Phil
    Ott, Mel
    Paige, Satchel
    Palmer, Jim
    Perez, Tony
    Perry, Gaylord
    Puckett, Kirby
    Reese, Pee Wee
    Rice, Sam
    Ripken Jr., Cal
    Rizzuto, Phil
    Roberts, Robin
    Robinson, Brooks
    Robinson, Frank
    Robinson, Jackie
    Roush, Edd
    Ruffing, Red
    Ruth, George “Babe”
    Ryan, Nolan
    Sandberg, Ryne
    Schmidt, Mike
    Schoendienst, Red
    Seaver, Tom
    Sewell, Joe
    Simmons, Al
    Sisler, George
    Slaughter, Enos
    Smith, Ozzie
    Snider, Duke
    Spahn, Warren
    Speaker, Tris
    Stargell, Willie
    Stengel, Casey
    Sutter, Bruce
    Sutton, Don
    Terry, Bill
    Traynor, Pie
    Vance, Dazzy
    Vaughan, Arky
    Waner, Lloyd
    Waner, Paul
    Wheat, Zack
    Wilhelm, Hoyt
    Williams, Billy
    Williams, Ted
    Wilson, Hack
    Winfield, Dave
    Wynn, Early
    Yastrzemski, Carl
    Yount, Robin

As always, I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Sincerely,
    Christopher Cavalier
    CEO - Game Used Universe