Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help authenticating my NOLAN RYAN hand cast

Most of you Ryan collectors probably know of the Bronze Memories hand cast that Ryan was molded for but some may not know of the Noll hand cast session that he did before that. In 1986 Robin and Paul Noll contracted Nolan to do a life cast of his face (the only facial casting EVER done of Ryan) and hand holding a baseball. The method they used to mold his hand actually used a rubber and plaster cast. Unlike the Brinze memories cast which his hand was dipped in a mold, leaving no original mold in the end.
    The Noll's sell these hands and faces on e bay now and one of their facial castings hangs in the MLB Hall Of Fame. After forming a friendship with the Nolls, I was able to obtain the original hand cast and the Astros cap that was used in the castings. I have %100 positively photo matched the molding to the one on Ryan's hand and the unique stitching patterns and flaws on the cap can be %100 matched in pics and the final casting. The best thing is, the rubber mold still contains about 40 of Ryan's arm hairs and roots that were pulled out during the process ! I own Nolan Ryan's DNA lol! That sounds weird to most, but for the biggest Ryan fan, it's amazing!
    Does anyone know of a professional service that will do a photo match authentication for me? I once met with Nolan to have him inscride the cap and mold as the ones he used in the molding. Although he was sure they were authentic, he said he couldn't inscribe them unless it was authenticate by a professional. Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Help authenticating my NOLAN RYAN hand cast

there's not any third party authentication service for something like this.....i would simply have the Noll's write/sign a letter as to it's authenticity & leave it at that (obviously the picture's assist to it's provenance).....

Thanks ironman fan for your reply. The Nolls did actually provide me with very detailed certificates with pics. I showed them to Nolan and at first, he actually acted as if he was going to inscribe them, but then his ?assistant? said he shouldn't do so because they wernt "proffessional" certificates. Needless to say, I was disappointed. Anyway, thanks again!

Did I see this in a cutaway in the 10:30 Monday episode of Pawn Stars?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric,

The one you saw on Pawn Stars was one done by Bronze Memories. The one I have was done by Robin and Paul Noll. If you do a google search for them, you can find them. I actually own both bronze hands and the Bronze Memories are actually aweful looking in my opinion. I think it was due to the different molding technique they used.

I also have both Ryan hands, and in my opinion, both the Noll hand and the Bronze Memories hand look great. Not sure how anybody could say the Bronze Memories looks awful, that seems pretty extreme.

The Noll facial casting is a "must have" for Nolan Ryan fans!

Tom

Tom,

Yeah, the Ryan facial cast is awesome! I also own one of those and the actual Astros cap used in the molding. Maybe aweful is extreme. I guess I'm just not as fond of the Bronze Memories cast because it just seems as if they had some molding issues. No cast is going to be absolutely perfect but when you look at theirs, it's obvious that they had several issues that just make it look non lifelike to me. I'm a true Ryan fan though and I'll always keep mine in my collection

WOO HOOOO! Mears has agreed to photomatch and authenticate both my cast and cap that were used! They are only charging me $150 to do it. After I have it done, I'm going to have Nolan inscribe them for me in august!

Sean