Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NBA Showoff Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jmeekins33 View Post
    I'm speechless about that Magic Johnson. I'm been wondering about that jersey for almost my entire life. To see it now.......mind blown.
    SI 1980 Finals and 1984 Finals
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Intriguing. I'm curious as to why they ended up re-using a 4 year old jersey. Is there an accurate estimate on how many jerseys players would go through back in those days? Today guys seem like they wear a new jersey every night (or two). I wonder how many game jerseys Magic Johnson has in his collection today, if any.

Intriguing. I'm curious as to why they ended up re-using a 4 year old jersey. Is there an accurate estimate on how many jerseys players would go through back in those days? Today guys seem like they wear a new jersey every night (or two). I wonder how many game jerseys Magic Johnson has in his collection today, if any.
    I don't know about way back then or what it's like now. Earlier in Derek Fisher's career and in that mid to late 90s era at least, some of the commons would use the same jersey over again for at least part of the next season. I think though now, with how the hobby is, it is probably down to about a 5% chance anyone, even a common wears the same jesey more than a season.

Banned

I'd guess back in 80s era no more than 4 homes 4 roads. the 83/84 season of all the pics I have there are only 2 roads.. The answer as to why Game 6 road rookie reappeared 4 yrs later went to the grave with old trainer Fat Jack Curran. I'd doubt that even Magic himself could answer that question. Don't think these dudes paid much attention to the specifics of what they wore. Fat Jack was the one leaked this shirt into the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    I'd guess back in 80s era no more than 4 homes 4 roads. the 83/84 season of all the pics I have there are only 2 roads.. The answer as to why Game 6 road rookie reappeared 4 yrs later went to the grave with old trainer Fat Jack Curran. I'd doubt that even Magic himself could answer that question. Don't think these dudes paid much attention to the specifics of what they wore. Fat Jack was the one leaked this shirt into the hobby.
    That's an interesting tidbit. I think you're right that most of the players probably didn't know or care what jersey was what. By most reports the league was struggling at that time to gain popularity and stay viable. Very different from how it is today.

I have a jersey that was used for 2 seasons. Less than 10 years ago too.

Bumping this up... been a while since anyone has posted some nba game worn items... Too many baseball fans!

Hi,

here's a game worn 1990-91 New York Knicks jersey from Brian Quinnett.
    In my opinion this style is the best the Knicks ever had especially with the arched NOB.
    Photomatched to a NBA Hoops Card and also to game 1 of the 1991 Playoff series against the Bulls. (the wrinkled numbers are sewn that way which make it unique,as is the handcut rendering of the numbers, larger space between the q and the u)

Greetings from Germany

Allan Houston All Star Weekend

Brook Lopez All Star Weekend