Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: "Disgruntled boyfriend to sell Bonds memorabilia"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Kranz quit his job on Wall Street to trail the slugger across the country and watch him play baseball. He schmoozed with Bonds in phone calls and on visits to the Giants dugout. He bought him gifts and paid him tens of thousands of dollars...
    ... he found them particularly hurtful because he had done so much to ingratiate himself with the slugger.

"Barry should appreciate a person like me," Kranz said when interviewed by The San Francisco Chronicle. "Personally, I felt betrayed."

Kranz says he met Bonds in a Cincinnati hotel room and paid him $40,000...

In the years that followed, Kranz says, he had "many personal conversations and many phone conversations" with the Giants star.

Rains said that "Kranz has been unhappy with Barry because Barry didn't take the time to offer the personal touches, to call and thank him, to pose for pictures.

"My experience is nothing like the one I had with Barry."
    Love hurts. I hope they work it out. They were a cute couple.

Re: "Disgruntled collector to sell Bonds memorabilia"

Kranz's auction at Lelands.com, which ends Friday, has attracted moderate interest. He hopes the Giants jersey that the FBI seized will go for $15,000 - half what it was once worth.

I hate to say this, but considering the fact that the auction ends tonight, the current price for that Bonds game worn jersey is at $4200. Unless there is a last minute run up in price, he is not going to be getting anywhere near $15000.00. If this thing sells for $5-6k, he will be getting 15-20% of previous value/price. Just goes to show how far Barry really has fallen.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

My question remains: How the heck did he get invited to Brandon Webb's wedding? I understand meeting a player at a card show, TriStar show, etc. and getting their autograph but how does this guy, as a collector, become so close to his collecting subjects? Strange.

Tim

I only have one word to say:::
    jealousy....

Quote Originally Posted by webb17 View Post
    I only have one word to say:::
    jealousy....

Don't worry Jeff, we got your back. Everyone has their thing. If you are or were that big of a fan of Barry's then so be it. Like I said in a previous post, if I could have done it, I certainly would have followed the Orioles around during Cal Jr. tenure with the team. In fact there are many times I could kick myself for not attending more games over the years.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Putting speculation of what his stuff will sell for aside and all joking aside, it doesn't say much for Bonds. He just lost his biggest fan and doesn't think twice about it. Our heroes rarely turn out to be what we would like them to be, but I think this is really sad. It's not like getting turned down for an autograph or even hearing he was pulled over for a DUI or something, this is really major. Whether you're dropping 30K on a jersey or you're the kid spending $5 on cards at a small time mall show, it's fun having heroes and it's too bad Jeff was disappointed in such a big way.

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-92-BARRY-BO...QQcmdZViewItem

I guess he not that disguntled.

-David

That is you Jeff? My advanced apologies if not.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-92-BARRY-BO...QQcmdZViewItem

I guess he not that disguntled.

-David

yiks! It is Jeff. We need to have an online intervention for Jeff to stop him from bidding on Barry's gu stuff!! After all you been thru you just have to go cold turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    yiks! It is Jeff. We need to have an online intervention for Jeff to stop him from bidding on Barry's gu stuff!! After all you been thru you just have to go cold turkey.
    David,
    How did you know it was Jeff? I can't believe he's buying more Barry stuff. Must have OCD!

Tim