Quote Originally Posted by Larry Pelliccioni View Post
I will get some pics out and amend my will but I would like to add kudos for the late Mr. Dick Dobbins as well.
And also to the nicest man I have ever met in this hobby, Mr. Murf (we used to call him Allen Denny) of Brule Wisconsin.
For my generation, he was undoubtedly the standard by which all others were judged, he and wife Pat were and are a total class act. If ever their was a collector/dealer hall of fame, I would consider him to be the cornerstone of it.
The Hanratty is also from 1976, road white in which he played his only game, a loss to his former team the Pittsburgh Steelers. I also have his helmet.
My favorite item in a collection that totals more than 2000 items is a Tampa Bay Buccaneer helmet of Hugh Green.
I very rarely have overpaid for items that I have in my collection. Others may not see the same value in it but that doesn't affect the way that I feel about it.
We went about collecting these things a lot differently back then.
As a sidelight, the person who sold these jerseys I believe spent time in jail for selling them.
Larry Pelliccioni
Let me amend two things, Murf and Pat Denny are still very much alive, I think I may have sounded like Mr. Hartel and Mr. Dobbins that they have passed and they have not.
Also, the person spending time in jail worked for the team and was not the Hartel family.
Hope that clears it up.
Larry Pelliccioni