Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2011 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

Anyone planning on going this year? The Cardinals seem to be getting on the ball a little faster this year than normal.

Jason

Re: 2011 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

I wasn’t planning on it initially, but just noticed yesterday, thanks to Jeff/Birdbats, that Jack Clark is attending again. I picked up some killer items this year that I have to have him sign, I have actually been looking for him at some other venues, so we will be there again. I don’t want to take a chance on missing him.

It is great to attend these, and I love this hobby, but there is a part of me that really dreads this ordeal as a whole also. The crowd, the long lines, the parking, the fees, the fear of getting mugged/vehicle stolen downtown in the most dangerous city in the U.S…

If Clark were not there I would skip it this year. I have noticed a trend recently that a lot of venues have relocated to St. Charles, using the Family Arena, St. Charles Convention Center, Ameristar, and so on, I wish the Cardinals would think about these alternatives also.

I may just limit myself to going down on Monday, rather than the 3-day grind.

Russell Mansfield
    batdna@sbcglobal.net

Yeah the crowd is usually pretty tough. I personally think this year will be a little less crowded. The Cardinals coming off a down season, some questionable off season moves, the economy still sucks, ect. The autograph tickets went on sale this morning, and all the players are still available. Some players usually sell out pretty fast. Although I am not sure that the Cardinals choice to sell tickets before Christmas was a great idea or not.

My family and I go up to STL several times a year and I have never felt uncomfortable downtown. I didnt even realize it was one of the top crime cities until a couple of weeks ago.

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

Has anyone bought any autograph tickets yet??

Jason

We ended up picking up 6 tickets for Jack Clark and 3 for Jose Oquendo, so far. Last year we attempted to go through the Oquendo line, which was free, unsuccessfully. It was by far the largest line we noticed. I am glad they put a price on him, ensuring that we will get through.

How about you, did you pick up anyone yet?

Last I checked no one had sold out, I think your right that Christmas is playing a part into everything.

Were still unsure if were attending all three days, but will defiantly be there Saturday and Monday. Last year was our first time attending, and we ended up going all three days, 8-10 hours each (including drive). We ended up with 70-80 auto’s including multiples and had a great time, but it was tough physically, standing for hours and hours, not eating, carrying all of our items around…

This year we will try and shoot for days of 2-3 hours each. I am only looking to see 4 players this time, unless the lines are shorter for others.

Russell

I bought a Pujols and a Berkman ticket. I dont collect autographs too much, but do like Berkman and usually get Pujols when I have the chance.

Jason

Anyone know if they are going yet?

Jason

stlbats@bellsouth.net

With less than a week away now, is anyone going??

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

I'll be there. Just noticed the auction schedule has finally been posted on the team's website.

Okay, so last year I complained about how Albert Pujols treated people who went to the WWU to get his autograph. After hearing many complaints last year from others who waited in line to meet Albert, I have to say, my experience this year was much better, and nearly pleasant.
    While the lines were long, and the room cramped as expected, Albert spoke to my son and I while we were getting his autograph, which actually suprised me. He also asked where we wanted our photos signed and in what color. I heard only one complaint this year and that was from a friend of mine who asked for a ROY inscription on the baseball he had signed, Albert refused to do it.

This year was a much better experience, now if we could just get them to stop the WWU workers from insisting on touching every item people are having signed!