Quote Originally Posted by jscott0688 View Post
Not the most exciting Winter Warm Up ever, but I still had a good time. The Cardinals Care store and the auctions were definitely a disappointment. There wasn't a single McGwire item of any kind or any Pujols game used pieces. It makes me wonder if more of the stuff was funneled to the Cardinals Authentics Shop this year than in the past; though they didn't have anything new either. Where is it all going?

The Springfield Cardinals were selling off game used jerseys that had been recycled for at least the past several seasons. I picked up one of the jerseys that had been worn by Jaime Garica when he was down there and had him sign it. Other than that, I picked up a Chris Perez 2008 Spring Training hat from the Cardinals Care store for $5, a signed Mitchell Boggs 2009 jersey with the All Star patch from the live auction for $150 and a 1970s Tony Scott batting helmet from one of the vendors.

As for autographs, I got my home white and batting practice Shelby Miller spring training jerseys signed and then authenticated at the JSA booth that was there for the first time this year. And today, I had my Lance Lynn spring training jersey signed. I also got Berkman and Zach Cox on baseballs.
Ok, here's my first post. Was at the WWU today and funny/bad story about the last silent auction of the day.....it was not very silent. Almost a fist fight. They had a package for a tour of the stadium and tix. At the last minute I am watching as it went past me and a guy walks up with his kid about 20 seconds left. Puts in a bid and is not quite finished and another guy literaly jumps in on him and scribbles something down after the auction is ended. Next to him another guy is bidding and same thing. Guy reaches up under his arm and is bidding on 2 auctions at the same time. He gets his name and just a scribble on the amount line. All of this in front of a worker.

The first instance they added another set of "tours/tickets" and let them both win even though the second guy should not have. But the last instance was a road trip to Coors field....no extra tickets to give so they offered a "bid off". The guy that had the good bid was pissed and told them to shove it in many ways. And kept coming back to tell them some more. Apparently, he had won an earlier auction and when he went to pay for the item they told him they lost it. This topped off his cake!

Next year they need to separate these "packages" to avoid the clamoring and pushing and last bidding on multiple auctions. And if they want to raise more money offer more of the "packages" and less of the "autographed crap of no name players that were let go 2 years ago" and the starting bid is $35 so no one bids on it! Thoughts?