Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Chicago Bears 1994 GU Throwback Jersey

As you can see The Heritage Waddle is signed, and the one the fan is wearing is not. They are two different Jerseys.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jude716511 View Post
    As you can see The Heritage Waddle is signed, and the one the fan is wearing is not. They are two different Jerseys.
    How do we know that the Heritage one is authentic?
    Waddle himself has said he still has his jersey and the one in the Heritage auction looks brand new.
    I never said that the one the guy was wearing and the one for auction was the same jersey.
    I said that the tags looed the same and I'm thinking the one in the heritage auction wasn't real.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    How do we know that the Heritage one is authentic?
    Waddle himself has said he still has his jersey and the one in the Heritage auction looks brand new.
    I never said that the one the guy was wearing and the one for auction was the same jersey.
    I said that the tags looed the same and I'm thinking the one in the heritage auction wasn't real.

Good point Edgar, I misunderstood what you said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jude716511 View Post
    That Waddle in the picture is one of the retails 34sweetness was talking about earlier in the thread. I went back and looked, and the waddle doesn't have cuffed sleeves. But the Heritage Waddle is signed and. authenticated.

The Spellman on Ebay definitely appears real exhibiting the cuffed sleeves,proper tagging, and correct size range. All I know is finding these with the cuffed sleeves like that is very hard ! They are quite rare.
    Just because Waddle signed it doesn't make it a gamer.
    You can easily get him to sign the jersey at one of his radio public events.
    And we all know what autheticators will sign off on. Except for you LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Just because Waddle signed it doesn't make it a gamer.
    You can easily get him to sign the jersey at one of his radio public events.
    And we all know what autheticators will sign off on. Except for you LOL

LOL, Very true indeed Edgar. You make good points, I misread it originally ! Have a Happy Turkey day!

JG

Banned

Exclamation Re: Chicago Bears 1994 GU Throwback Jersey

Hey, I'm just going by what the man says. I would think that Tom hasn't taken so many hits to the head that he wouldn't be able to tell his game jersey from a store retail.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Chicago Bears 1994 GU Throwback Jersey

Even for one game, a guy like Waddle who goes across the middle and gets hit accordingly should have more wear on his jersey than the Heritage Auctions item does. In a Lampson LOA, light "one-game" or "quarterback" wear is code for "this jersey should be a lot more beat up than it is but I'm getting paid to call it game-used so that's my story and I'm sticking to it".

Sorry...until someone shows me an example with good wear, and not near mint, I'll believe Waddle.

Dave Miedema

Banned

The one on Ebay is getting up there. I might take a shot at it if it doesn'tgo too crazy !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

There was a Tom waddle 1994 throwback sold by grey flannel in it's Summer Games auction in 2001 item # 1119. it is also signed on the back # 7. it may be the same shirt that was sold by Heritage. I can take an image of it and post it if anyone is interested.

Banned

This one on Ebay has the cuffed sleeves and extra length. This is only the third one I've ever seen up for auction.
    Attached Images Attached Images