Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael Jordan memorabilia

Hi all,
    Just want to get some opinions on here. How much, potentially, would MJ's personal workout equipment that he had in his house basement and used all during his 6 titles be worth at auction.......If he signed some pieces too???? It's the exact equipment he is working out on that is in the book "Rare Air".

Steve

Re: Michael Jordan memorabilia

Nobody out there has any opinions on my post? It's funny......I received an IM from a member on here, offering to sell me an MJ jersey. When I cordially replied that I get all my items in my collection directly from MJ and Mrs. Jordan, I get the feeling from his subsequent reply that he just doesn't believe me.

I'd think the market for that type of stuff would be very small if it existed at all. That's my personal opinion, but I'm sure some will disagree.

Hey Steve,

I'm sure someone would be interested, but I think many collectors (including myself) are only interested in game related items.

I'm always looking for Dr. J. game shoes, but would have zero interest in Julius Erving's golf shoes, dress shoes, workout shoes, etc.

My guess would be (and it is just a guess) is that it would hold little to no premium over what any workout equiptment in the same condition would be worth. A small bump if its autographed I suppose, but its value really is in its use going forward.

Hi all,
    Thank you to the people who offered opinions on here. It is his entire home gym(not his workout shoes, gloves, etc) that the Bulls bought for him to use at his house. Thanks for the input.

Steve

Shoot me an email please??

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanhigh69 View Post
    Hi all,
    Thank you to the people who offered opinions on here. It is his entire home gym(not his workout shoes, gloves, etc) that the Bulls bought for him to use at his house. Thanks for the input.

Steve
    I also believe that it has practically no value over the value of the equipment. It is not an item that Jordan collector's would really care about....I'm not even sure the major auction houses would take it to auction

Dave

As somebody who would love to someday own something to memorialize the excitement that MJ brought to the world in the 80s and 90s, I tend to agree that his workout equipment isn't really that interesting.

It's what he did on the court to make a team and a sport great. I was able to acquire a ticket from the 1982 Final Four Championship Game a number of years ago but for me anyway, what I really want is something he wore on the NBA court.

Its what he did on the NBA court (not in the gym) that redefined the league, and which I don't think anyone else has or will come even close to duplicating.

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    As somebody who would love to someday own something to memorialize the excitement that MJ brought to the world in the 80s and 90s, I tend to agree that his workout equipment isn't really that interesting.

It's what he did on the court to make a team and a sport great. I was able to acquire a ticket from the 1982 Final Four Championship Game a number of years ago but for me anyway, what I really want is something he wore on the NBA court.

Its what he did on the NBA court (not in the gym) that redefined the league, and which I don't think anyone else has or will come even close to duplicating.
    dplettn, still have that ticket?

Email me, please.