Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Angry Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

So...pro-Yankees bias ISN'T limited to the Eastern Sports Programming Network...

Dave Miedema

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

People have talked about other teams fans being fair weather and or bandwagon jumpers. Well it appears the $pankees fans are the same way.

The bottom of the ninth was only a few minutes long.

I believe someone ragged on the Rays fans for leaving early. Well here in the Great () City of New York you have the same thing.

I believe it is the same everywhere. Fans will leave early if their team is getting $panked !
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Oh BTW, CC got his a$$ $panked in Game 1! Lucky for him & the $pankees, the Rangers bullpen sucked in Game 1.

So I am not sure why everyone thinks he will be some kind of savior???

Remember a few years back when CC was Brewer? CC came back to pitch on short rest in the playoffs and got $panked.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    For those of you who don't live in the New York area or who have not traveled here recently. If you drive to the game if you stay to the end you are facing utter gridlock and a very long time to just get out of the lot and onto the parkway to get out of the Bronx. When one works the next day and the game is going to end after 11pm, one does not want to sit in traffic until 2 am. It is the same at Jets, Giants and Mets games. Once the outcome appears certain everyone leaves to beat the traffic. No team is coming back down 8-0 in the 9th after being 2 hit all day.
    Not the Mets...no one goes to the games

I do know it was fun watching cliff lee shut down the 200 million dollar payroll. ONe decent hit all night from one of the best linups in the league. How did aj pitch in the alds? lol
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Cliff Lees performance against the yankees
    Salary 112.1 million
    Career Hr Total 1908
    AS Games 35
    Silver Sluggers 23
    MVP awards 3
    Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Salary 112.1 million
    Career Hr Total 1908
    AS Games 35
    Silver Sluggers 23
    MVP awards 3
    Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL
    Those Totals are just LAST NIGHTS Starting Line Up for NYY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Oh BTW, CC got his a$$ $panked in Game 1! Lucky for him & the $pankees, the Rangers bullpen sucked in Game 1.

So I am not sure why everyone thinks he will be some kind of savior???

Remember a few years back when CC was Brewer? CC came back to pitch on short rest in the playoffs and got $panked.
    David -

Thanks for having seen the same game as me... all I heard from my friends was how the Yankees spanked Texas in Game One.

I think if Washington hadn't overmanaged and had allowed CJ a chance to pitch out of it - he gave up a HR and a dbl and was lifted with a 5 run lead - it might have turned out differently. On top of that, he kind of rushed his guys in the Bullpen to get ready and pitch and all and I think that just added to the sucking. Hell, he burned two pitchers that he let throw ONE pitch each??!?!

Anyway, tonight should be interesting to see what Hunter brings to his 1st start in Yankee stadium and which AJ shows up for the Yankees.

- Chris

If Texas should actually the WS, I foresee things getting really obnoxious

Thank goodness the Cowboys blow....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Salary 112.1 million
    Career Hr Total 1908
    AS Games 35
    Silver Sluggers 23
    MVP awards 3
    Thats slanted because the MVP awards all belong to Arod as do 600 plus of the homers and 10 of the silver sluggers. Also 24 of the all star games belong to Jeter and Arod. Most of their guys are 30 plus so you would expect their career stat totals to be high because they have played awhile to accumulate them. What is unsaid is Lee and Petite were even last night except for Hamilton's half swing home run which SI quoted Josh as saying he was fooled by the pitch and surprised it ended up being a homer.