Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Cool Re: The one game used item you wish you never sold.

Lester
    I need to start a new thread on selling to you !
    ----- The Black Hole ------

Re: The one game used item you wish you never sold.

Got back the jersey that I wish I'd never sold. Has cost me more than what I originally paid for it.

Re: The one game used item you wish you never sold.

Both an easy and difficult answer. I had to sell my 1985 Lamarr Hoyt game-used bat back in 2010 for financial reasons (yes, collectors do sell to help pay bills, unforeseen medical expenses, etc.).

The reason this is hard is that my dad bought the bat for me as part of my high school senior graduation present, which included a flight to San Diego and three games there, plus a tour of the clubhouse, meeting Dick Williams in-person in his office, etc. Fantastic trip. The bat was for sale in the Padres gift shop, and my dad got it for me. Had a heck of a time sending it back on the plane; finally had to check it in a cardboard "hang-up" container stuffed with lots of newspaper.

I tried to contact the buyer about possibly buying the bat back, and received a curt reply ("I buy unique game used items and never sell" answer)... That's the way it goes sometimes. Still would love to have the bat back, if for no other reason, than it was the only game-used item that my dad ever bought me.