Quote Originally Posted by Tallyman77 View Post
Rob........maybe someone will put together a comprehensive guide to cap collecting and include all of the other manufacturers of caps like Rawlings, Spaulding, Tim McAuliffe, KM Pro, Wilson, Devon, Sports Specialties,, etc. The hobby really needs it as it would provide history and knowledge to those who have caps or want to start collecting them.

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net
Walt -

I had mentioned in a previous thread sometime back that research has shown (and New Era mentions it in the timeline on their site) that they actually made most ALL of th ehats and were doing Private Labeling for Wilson, McAullife, etc.

I am actually trying to get time to sit down with an usher from Coors Field that I know - Herb Shankman. Herb was a Minor League pitcher with the Boston Braves organization and knew Spahn and Sain and at Rockies Fest we got to talking and he personally knew Tim McAuliffe and said he would sit down with me so I could pick his brain and record his 'oral history' of what he remembers about McAuliffe and KM Pro and such...

I hope this materializes! Not just for the info, but Herb also said he still has his minor league pants that were handed down to him - one pair was Alvin Darks and one pair was Warren Spahns - and that he has Johnny Sain's 1948 Boston Braves jersey!!!

If I get to see it all, I will be photographing the hell out it!!!

All the best -

Smitty