Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

Up for auction at the NFL Auctions website is a Tom Brady Patriots Game Used Jersey (Pre-Season) vs. the New Orleans Saints on 08/12/10….

I tried to “photo match” the jersey and could not…I looked at photos from warm ups, game action and while Brady was on the sidelines in the second half…

The jersey being worn by Brady shows the NFL Equipment Shield on the neck collar above the front chest seem, while the jersey being auctioned off by NFL Auctions shows the NFL Equipment Shield going into the front chest seem...

Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

Dan,

I have to respectfully disagree, yes, some things will change when a jersey is being worn by a player vs. it just laying flat, but not where something is stitched on a jersey...I have seen Pats jerseys manufactured both ways with NFL Shield above and into the seem running across the chest... If I was going to shell out $8k (where the auction is at now) and it comes from the NFL, I wouldn't want to have any doubts and a DEFINITIVE photo match...

I have to agree with BeanTown 100% on the Brady. Photos are not always as they appear in real life, but in my opinion, they are not even close. If these are the photos from the game in question, they do not match.

Unfortunately, the high bidder is the same one that runs up Pats Jerseys and does not pay.....I'm sure that we will see the Jersey again.

Not only is there the problem with the NFL Equipment Shield, but the posted photos clearly show that the Patriots logo of the Patriots Patch is going into the front chest seem, whereas on the jersey being auctioned it is clearly below the front chest seem. Really Odd, Indeed...

It does look a lot more like the one he wore against the Rams on 8/26:

I meant to say, it doesn't look like the one he wore that week, either. I was thinking maybe they just goofed in saying which game it was from. But the one from that game looks the same as the one from the other game.

WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?
    Jeff, since you seem to know of him, you could forward the photos...the Saints are actually auctioning off this jerseys and it states in was worn against them in that pre-season game, so that should be the jersey seen in the photos of the Pats game from 08/12/10....

Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????

WOW!!!!! Thats Scary.......Someone messed this up somewhere, that Jersey is not even Close to a match!!!

Matt