Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

mulligans,

here is the proof

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/photos...photoId=902323

your jersey is being worn today ! congrads !

i never said you were not telling the truth it was just very
    suprising the jersey had to be sent back to be worn. all is null at this point you got a great jersey on your hands !

Mulligans it would be awesome if you keep the information requested to yourself. Collectgu maybe try changing your tone, mulligans doesnt owe you crap.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Mulligans it would be awesome if you keep the information requested to yourself. Collectgu maybe try changing your tone, mulligans doesnt owe you crap.
    collect and even myself are not trying to change anyones tone. lets be real here if mulligans did not point this out to the nfl or send the jersey back ! someone would have paid for a game worn jersey that was NOT worn!

nfl made a mistake ! thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    What are you talking about? I have no problems with Mulligans, just asked some questions which in his own words were "civilized" and then proceeded to congratulate him on his jersey and the great story behind it. So relax there richard...

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Dave....Thank you for being Civilized with your question.
    Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.

To answer your question.......Some of it I had to take as Gospel, some of it was my own due dilligence…….

The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.

When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.

I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!

To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!

I imagine that there will still be doubters just the same, but at least I will be happy!

I apologize if this is seen as an unnecessary bump to the thread, but I'm interested where Mulligans is ordering the videos of games as mentioned in his post.

Thanks,
    Seth

Seth,

I wish Jeff aka Sullivan's was here to answer your question but he passed away earlier this year.

Sorry I meant mulligans.

Quote Originally Posted by TOYOTATruck07 View Post
    I apologize if this is seen as an unnecessary bump to the thread, but I'm interested where Mulligans is ordering the videos of games as mentioned in his post.
    Hey Seth. I recall some of Jeff's screen prints from game footage. I believe he was using Game Rewind on NFL.com. They offer different price packages and go back as far as 2009. Would seem to fit with the jersey in question on this thread.