Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

Would love to see the jersey.....can you post some pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    Would love to see the jersey.....can you post some pictures of it?
    I second this, I want to know if the shield is stitched over, or is it just an overlap. NFL auctions would be in trouble if it is, I looked at the preseason jerseys, its not sewn over.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

i am getting the feeling they shipped the jersey with the wrong patch location.

I am getting the feeling he really doesnt care what you guys think. If hes happy with it, thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post
    i am getting the feeling they shipped the jersey with the wrong patch location.

mlb,

we understand that but many people here spend big bucks on nfl auctions and want to be sure what we are getting is the real deal and that no fake items enter the market. that is why this forum is here to share info and keeep the industry honest.

Banned

If everyone is concerned email Mulligans and ask him. His email is in his post.

good point, he stated he would post the pics but decided not to, seemed to be suggesting the jersey was the exact one in the photo. everyone wants the jersey to be real, but as a collector who buys alot of game worn nfl jerseys we dont want to see bad jerseys eneter the market. hell if it turn out that it is the one in the pic i hope the nfl refunds his money.

Banned

good point, he stated he would post the pics but decided not to, seemed to be suggesting the jersey was the exact one in the photo. everyone wants the jersey to be real, but as a collector who buys alot of game worn nfl jerseys we dont want to see bad jerseys eneter the market. hell if it turn out that it is the one in the pic i hope the nfl refunds his money.
    Well you guys are overly sympathetic. He was one of the main ones talking about the one in the picture and how "bad" it was. At one point he stated he was "glad he got outbid" while the auction was ongoing and before they cancelled the bids. If he then turned around and tossed 1,000s into it it is his hard luck and at least the money went to a good cause. Bad jerseys enter the market constantly and if that is the case with this one there is noone to blame but the purchaser and the underbidders most of whom likely saw the discussion on here if noone had bid then the item would not have entered the marketplace. I honestly cannot figure out what his angle was here.

legal,

all good points on your behalf.

the only thing i can think of was that when they changed the title to say "TOM BRADY GAME WORN JERSEY"

Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund

maybe the nfl realized the jersey in the pic was not game worn in the 2010 preseason they then went back to the pats and tom to get a real one and just used that only as a stock photo.

mulligans, may have been thinking what i was and that was hell, take a chance and win the item (cheap $7,000 imo), maybe they will send me/him a jersey from the first couple weeks of the seasons; he did state he got the jersey shortly after the jets game; so he could have worn it in that game, if the jersey was from that game great !

if not and he got the jersey in the picture (which photo evidence shows it was NEVER worn by tom in 2010) send the nfl the photo evidence, ask for a refund, and notify your credit card company.

if all else fails with those option which i don’t think it would you could simply file a civil suit against the nfl asking for your money back, if it ever went to court it would be a slam dunk, you would win (case similar to the ripken st pats jersey with gfc a while back.)

This is obviously a lot of speculation on my end but this is just what I was thinking myself and seems to be the only logical line of thinking that could have been taken in this case.

I still would love for mulligans to post photos either way to end the mystery.

Banned

legal,

all good points on your behalf.

the only thing i can think of was that when they changed the title to say "TOM BRADY GAME WORN JERSEY"

Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund

maybe the nfl realized the jersey in the pic was not game worn in the 2010 preseason they then went back to the pats and tom to get a real one and just used that only as a stock photo.

mulligans, may have been thinking what i was and that was hell, take a chance and win the item (cheap $7,000 imo), maybe they will send me/him a jersey from the first couple weeks of the seasons; he did state he got the jersey shortly after the jets game; so he could have worn it in that game, if the jersey was from that game great !

if not and he got the jersey in the picture (which photo evidence shows it was NEVER worn by tom in 2010) send the nfl the photo evidence, ask for a refund, and notify your credit card company.

if all else fails with those option which i don’t think it would you could simply file a civil suit against the nfl asking for your money back, if it ever went to court it would be a slam dunk, you would win (case similar to the ripken st pats jersey with gfc a while back.)

This is obviously a lot of speculation on my end but this is just what I was thinking myself and seems to be the only logical line of thinking that could have been taken in this case.

I still would love for mulligans to post photos either way to end the mystery.
    Good points, anything under 10 grand is an absolute steal for Brady. Mulligans knows what he is doing he is a very, very intelligent and successful individual not to mention a super nice guy from what I have seen and he has an amazing collection. By far one of the best if not the best NFL collection I have ever seen. He may have known something the rest of us did not he wins alot of their auctions so he may have had a contact there that shed light on it beyond the description that made him comfortable bidding.

I just wanted to comment on the remedies you mentioned though in general because I think it is educational for everyone. Bidding on an item that one finds possibly questionable thinking oh well if after I get it I determine I can't photomatch it or otherwise determine it is fake I can return it is a recipe for disaster. Sending photos won't get you a refund because unless you have pics of every offensive snap during the season whos to say he did not wear the jersey? Odds are the NFL donated the $ to charity and cannot get it back. The league is not going to be out the money easily. Unlike a case where the item was misdescribed i.e. the jamal lewis jersey from last year that was originally listed as gu when he did not dress for the game it was purported to be used in the buyer would not have an open and shut case. GFC auctions cannot be compared because GFC relies on opinions and generally does not get their items from first parties. If Tom or someone who works for the Pats who procured the jersey are willing to sign an affdavit or testify that Tom wore the jersey in question that will be hard to disprove without pics of every snap and then even how can one say he did not change into it on the sideline and wear it at the end of a game and never took the field in it? even if the buyer wins hes out his legal fees as a court would never afford them in a case like this. generally they are next to impossible to get. and if a lawyer has to go to court it will cost a pretty penny.