Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

I can't see Brady being involved in giving his game used jersey to the NFL Auctions...pure speculation, but I see the NFL getting this from the someone on the Patriots equipment staff...the NFL asks the Patriots for Brady's gamer and someone on the staff gives an issued vs. worn jersey...who would ever know

Banned

I don't get it if this jersey is "not authentic", Jeff how come your currently bidding $4,500 on it?

I got the Brady Jersey Yesterday and I am happy to say that it is indeed a GU Jersey. The wear is very light as would be expected, but the odor is strong and the Jersey is unwashed.

I am going to get film on the first 3 games that he wore Blue and see if I can find when he wore it. Pictures are worth a thousand words.....but they do not represent every second of the game because he definitely wore this Jersey during this season.

This was the modified description that the NFL provided, so they clearly must have done their homework on the Jersey before they re listed it.
    "Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

I'll post some photos when I get a chance......

"I got the Brady Jersey Yesterday and I am happy to say that it is indeed a GU Jersey. The wear is very light as would be expected, but the odor is strong and the Jersey is unwashed. "

I was curious as to what made you think he wore this jersey in any of the preseason games when the several photos posted have not supported it?

Personally I would have bid if the pictures backed up what the items stated it was, but i was not comfortable with it.

When you say the wear is "very light" that would be expected and that is not what scared me off, it is the fact the photos did not show a match.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']"Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This sentiment is contradictory to what has been discussed and confirmed that the Patriots don’t let their jerseys out often and that the players would not be the ones donating them as they are not permitted to keep their jerseys. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I hope you find a match for your sake, I would be curious is no evidence can support the NFL auctions claim that is was “game worn” by Brady would they issue a refund? [/FONT]

WOW........If you had won the Jersey and found out it was Game Worn and unwashed.....I would have said....... Congratulations?

but you are the only one that is confirming it is "game worn" when the photos and circumstances are not supportive of that. that is not my opinion or view of things , that is just what the photographic evidence is showing.

I am still curious if they will issue you a refund if no photos support the NFL’s claim.

OMG

No one is attacking you personally, some on this board are disappointed that the NFL would represent the jersey as something it is NOT. Look back on all your own statements on this thread: How in the world can you now say that is the “game worn” that contradictions all your prior statements.
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?”[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']“No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']"Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Does anyone else find this insulting?”[/FONT]

did the jersey you get match the one in the photo? with the mis located logo? maybe they sent you the jersey that he wore this past week against the jets?

listen i hope it is real, but i don’t like if that is what they nfl did by misrepresenting an item.

First of all Mulligans congratulations on your Tom Brady Jersey. Game Used or Game Issued or none of the above, it does not matter as long as you are convinced and happy with your decision to buy it.

Nonetheless, Mulligans you have to understand the other users in this thread. They are not questioning your choice to buy the jersey but they just want to solve this mystery. You have to agree, it all seems a little bit suspicious. First they (NFL Auctions) say that it is from a preseason game, then after being made aware of the fact that in no preseason game this jersey was indeed worn by Brady (by comparing game photos with their photos on the auction site and discovering major differences) they say that it was game worn in a Patriots Game.

If you can get footage of all Patriots Games, go through them and make sure you made the right choice. If you buy a Game Used jersey you should get a game used and nothing less.