Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Dear Bidder,

Due to administrative error this listing has closed early without a winner. Once corrected the item will be relisted in which you can choose to bid on the item again.

Listing #: 131742176
    Title: TOM BRADY 2010 GAME WORN PRESEASON JERSEY

We apologize for any inconveniences,

NFL Auctions
    I guess that says it all, but I bet it's not the last we see of that jersey.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=132595601

So the administrative error was nothing? They just relisted the exact same jersey, just with a lower opening bid?? Or am I missing something?

No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

"Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

Does anyone else find this insulting?

No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

"Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

Do they honestly think that everyone would now assume that the jersey shown in the pictures is the one he wore in a preseason game since they said they would correct it?
    Do they think that no one would recheck again?
    I find it not only insulting, but a disgrace for the National Football League. Even if it benefits a good cause, as a collector, I won't give 5.000 $ for a jersey where it is not even certain that it is game worn.

I find this highly insulting!!!

Initially NFL Auctions stated this was worn by Tom Brady on 08/12/2010 vs. the New Orleans Saints...photographs show that it wasn't! Now all of a sudden it’s a Tom Brady game worn jersey from????

Whoever owns a game used jersey from the NFL Auctions might want to rely solely on their word and verify the jersey via photographs….

I must be looking at something wrong? Because the first jersey they had up for auction had the "10" wash tag in the lower right portion of the tagging. I just brought up the auction picture again, and compared it to the first picture in this thread...they are identical from what I can see? This is just bizarre...

I find this highly insulting!!!

Initially NFL Auctions stated this was worn by Tom Brady on 08/12/2010 vs. the New Orleans Saints...photographs show that it wasn't! Now all of a sudden it’s a Tom Brady game worn jersey from????

Whoever owns a game used jersey from the NFL Auctions might not want to rely solely on their word and verify the jersey via photographs….

Banned

It comes down to are they going to take the word of a bunch of collectors most of whom will not even bid on said item or the word of one of the greatest players of all time who they claim to have obtained it directly from? They pull it they risk Brady being highly insulted and never donating to them again because it is essentially calling him a liar. Other players may find out and do the same. This auction has been in the mainstream news so they are very worried about PR here. That explains the description change which does not note when the jersey was supposedly worn. The simple explanation is that someone probably switched the jersey and sold it on the black market somewhere. i.e. team employee told by Brady to send it to NFL Auctions or someone in receiving at NFL Auctions who had a heads up it was coming or someone who had access to it while it was in the mail. Brady jerseys are super scarce and highly valuable so to a dishonest person the temptation is defintely there. But you can't fault NFL Auctions for siding with Brady here.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    It comes down to are they going to take the word of a bunch of collectors most of whom will not even bid on said item or the word of one of the greatest players of all time who they claim to have obtained it directly from? They pull it they risk Brady being highly insulted and never donating to them again because it is essentially calling him a liar. Other players may find out and do the same. This auction has been in the mainstream news so they are very worried about PR here. That explains the description change which does not note when the jersey was supposedly worn. The simple explanation is that someone probably switched the jersey and sold it on the black market somewhere. i.e. team employee told by Brady to send it to NFL Auctions or someone in receiving at NFL Auctions who had a heads up it was coming or someone who had access to it while it was in the mail. Brady jerseys are super scarce and highly valuable so to a dishonest person the temptation is defintely there. But you can't fault NFL Auctions for siding with Brady here.
    If the jersey was stolen then where did the new jersey come from? if Brady sent his preseason gamer to the NFL and it disappeared then why would they re-list a random jersey. The entire situation makes little sense. I would think that the Patriots would be holding his shirts as they are traditionally very tight with their game used items and that the preseason gamer would go from the Patriots organization directly to the NFL. I doubt Brady gave his preseason shirt to someone and told him "hey mail this to the NFL". I almost think that NFL auctions was trying to auction any old 2010 Brady shirt and was caught trying to pull a fast one. One would hope that NFL auctions was credible and that the gamers directly from the NFL could be bought without reservation. It seems not. It is distressing and disappointing that they tried to sell something for over 7000$ not as advertised. Lets see what happens with the auction.

Brady probably reached into his locker and threw them a Jersey. Once they are washed, I'm sure that he has no idea which is which and really doesn't care. He certainly isn't expecting people to be analyzing logos. Why would he personally care about something that would be so trivial to him?

I really do not think that there is any sort of theft, collusion, misrepresentation etc.

Isn't it possible that the Jersey was worn as a second Jersey in one of the 2 preseason games. Maybe he knew that he was not going to play after the half and just threw on a new clean Jersey to sit on the sidelines? Maybe we just haven't seen a good photo of him wearing it?

Either way, I was hoping that NFL Auctions would be more cautious if they had even a hint that something was not right.