Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

The only other time the Patriots wore their home blue jerseys this pre-season was on 08/26/10 vs. the St. Louis Rams...again, not a match...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

o/t but Brady needs a haircut!

[quote=
    Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????[/quote]

This is a HUGE issue I would think? I started to look back at possible 2009 matches, but there is a "10" tag sewn into the jersey tagging, I'm assuming meaning "2010". So why would he have worn a "2010" gamer in 2009? Makes no sense...I almost think your theory could be correct? And perhaps the real preseason jersey is in someone's house already?? I'd have a massive problem shelling out this kind of dough, for not only a preseason jersey, but a preseason jersey that cannot be matched.

I just decided to go on Getty to search Tom Brady and his 2010 preseason jersey and they also seem to have the patch sewn over the seam. Even if issued, seems weird that his issued jersey would be very different from his game jerseys. His white jerseys are sewn the same way as well.

Even more weird, if you search Rob Gronkowski #87 during the 2010 New York Giants game, his patch is clearly below as the Brady for sale shows. Odd indeed as Brady seems to be the only player with his jersey like that as Alge Crumpler is also below the seem.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Now that you mention it, I don't see a single player on the Pats from any of the 2010 preseason pictures who have the "Patriots" sewn into the seam of the jersey? I wonder if this could be a unique trait of all legit Brady gamers? Perhaps something the equipment managers do to keep counterfits from escaping? Which would of course lead us to the questions of where did this jersey being auctioned on NFL Auctions originate?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=131742176

Well, it looks as though some of the bids have been retracted, as this was at somewhere around $7,800 and now dropped to $5,150.... wonder why the NFL hasn't pulled it yet?

They are aware of the inconsistencies and removed the guy who Never pays but have not removed the jersey yet. I have been dealing with them for a long time and I don't really think they care!

Oh yea.....John, I think you may have hit on something. I have learned that they do have a built in signal on all of the Brady gu jerseys.

Banned

Here's a question are you guys sure the pictured jersey is the jersey the winner receives? I ask because they may not have had the item in their possession when they created the auction since it was used only a few weeks ago and they may have just placed a photo of any Brady jersey they could find up there as a representation of what the winner will approximately receive. They have jerseys from the opener on there that are represented by photos of the players wearing other jerseys. In the case of the Favre he is in a home purple jersey but the winner will get a white road jersey. I find it hard to believe that the league would botch a well publicized charity auction by having the premier item therein be a fake jersey. They have messed up in the past but it was always player didn't play in the game and they described it as being used when it was not such as the Jamal Lewis jersey Greg posted a thread on. Never before has a jersey they had on there not been genuine.

Dear Bidder,

Due to administrative error this listing has closed early without a winner. Once corrected the item will be relisted in which you can choose to bid on the item again.

Listing #: 131742176
    Title: TOM BRADY 2010 GAME WORN PRESEASON JERSEY

We apologize for any inconveniences,

NFL Auctions