Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help with Information On 1920 Football Team

Does anyone know anything about this football team...google is of no help. This team is near Kansas City...Clint??? Obviously they were pretty good as they outscored their opponents 399-7 while going undefeated and place 4 guys on the all-state team. Any information at all is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help with Information On 1920 Football Team

"Football became well known at Chillicothe Business College in the early part of the 20th century. Two athletes who became nationally known played with the C.B.C. Ducks. Although neither Cal Hubbard nor John Levi were native Livingston County young men, they both played for the local college team and later became All-American Football player’s when chosen to Grantland Rice’s Dream Team. John Levi went from Chillicothe to Haskell Institute and Cal Hubbard became a starting tackle with the professional Green Bay Packers. Hubbard later became an American League Baseball umpire for many years."

http://www.livingstoncountylibrary.o...1981sports.htm

Wow, thanks Jamie....It is quite possible that Cal Hubbard is in this photo then...I have some more digging to do today and you have pointed me in the right direction....thanks again.

I believe that Cal Hubbard is second from right in the middle row...For those that don't know...Hubbard is the only man enshrined in both the NFL's Hall of Fame and the MLB Hall of Fame. Jamie you have made my day. Thanks again.

nice find and i think you've got a match.

Quote Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
    I believe that Cal Hubbard is second from right in the middle row...For those that don't know...Hubbard is the only man enshrined in both the NFL's Hall of Fame and the MLB Hall of Fame. Jamie you have made my day. Thanks again.

It appears as though the person third from left in the back row may be John Levi - a person I had not heard of until today, but research shows he was one of the great Native American athletes to attend Haskell Institute and threatened many of Jim Thorpe's records.

Post Re: Help with Information On 1920 Football Team

Here is some additional infor on John Levi. It appears he is in the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame.

http://www.kshof.org/hof-profiles.cfm?record_id=50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com