Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: NL MVP Race should go to the wire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    On tonight's Cubs game telecast, announcer Len Kasper made a statement that Troy Tulowitzki is now a full-fledged NL MVP candidate. Anyone's thoughts on that?

Dave Miedema
    Its a good question but how can a guy who is not having the best year on his own team be MVP. IMO it will be 1. Votto, 2. CarGo 3. Pujols 4. Tulo 5. Adrian Gonzalez

Tulo has 14 HRs and 33 RBI in the month of September so far!!!

That ties for the most HRs in a 15 game span since 1900!!!

Tulowitzki joined Albert Belle (1995) and Barry Bonds (2001) as the only players since 1900 to homer 14 times in a span of 15 games.

Although unlikely, if he continues his torrid pace through Sept and for the games in Oct, he will pass Cargo for BA and end up with almost 120 RBI and over 40 HRs...

Being a Rockies fan, I would love to see him win the MVP, but don't see it playing out that way either.

What an amazing month no matter what... another Rockies story 'for the ages' as they say...

4 more and he breaks the MLB Record for September held by Babe Ruth and Albert Belle (17)

3 more and he ties Ruth and Belle but surpasses Ralph Kiner for NL Record for September

7 more (1/2 his current pace) and he paces Sammy Sosa for the LB Record for most in any month

Go TULO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Tulo has 14 HRs and 33 RBI in the month of September so far!!!

That ties for the most HRs in a 15 game span since 1900!!!

Tulowitzki joined Albert Belle (1995) and Barry Bonds (2001) as the only players since 1900 to homer 14 times in a span of 15 games.

Although unlikely, if he continues his torrid pace through Sept and for the games in Oct, he will pass Cargo for BA and end up with almost 120 RBI and over 40 HRs...

Being a Rockies fan, I would love to see him win the MVP, but don't see it playing out that way either.

What an amazing month no matter what... another Rockies story 'for the ages' as they say...

4 more and he breaks the MLB Record for September held by Babe Ruth and Albert Belle (17)

3 more and he ties Ruth and Belle but surpasses Ralph Kiner for NL Record for September

7 more (1/2 his current pace) and he paces Sammy Sosa for the LB Record for most in any month

Go TULO!!!
    As a Rockies fan I would love to see that too, and as a Tulowitzki Collector, my collection would become much more valuable (but adding would be much more costly).

That being said, I would love Tulo to win MVP, also you have to remember he was injured for many games, which is why his numbers aren't the same as Gonzalez's

Monday Morning Numbers - 2 Weeks left in the MLB Regular Season:

Cargo

BA - .340
    HR - 32
    RBI - 107

Votto

BA - .324
    HR - 34
    RBI - 104

Pujols

BA - .307
    HR - 39
    RBI - 107

Infante

BA - .337 (Not yet qualified for Batting Title - 452 PAs)
    HR - 7
    RBI - 43

Tulowitzki

BA - .325
    HR - 26
    RBI - 89

FYI -

Infante needs 4.1 PAs per game for the next 12 games to hit 502.

His current average (and YES, I know about the Pinch Hitting, etc) is 3.7 PAs a game.

That works out to 44 PAs. Depending on how the Braves play him these last 12, he is looking at taking an 0 for 8 to round him to 502.

I will update these numbers next week and see where he is sitting.

- Chris

- TYPO -

That should say 0 for 6 as he is at 452 PAs...

Banned

Monday Morning Numbers - 2 Weeks left in the
    Maybe Tulo could lend CarGo one of his bats so his recent homer binge could rub off on him. If it were not for those dang seven homers we would be witnessing the possible first NL Triple Crown since the 1930s. A fact about TCs that I read the other day is Frank Robinson considers himself to have hit the last true TC since Yaz tied another player in one of the categories in 67. If there is a tie in a category should it count?

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Monday Morning Numbers - 2 Weeks left in the
    Maybe Tulo could lend CarGo one of his bats so his recent homer binge could rub off on him. If it were not for those dang seven homers we would be witnessing the possible first NL Triple Crown since the 1930s. A fact about TCs that I read the other day is Frank Robinson considers himself to have hit the last true TC since Yaz tied another player in one of the categories in 67. If there is a tie in a category should it count?
    The keepers of the MLB records apparently think so! If two teams tie (i.e. Padres and Rockies in 2007) they have a Tie-Breaker or 'Play-In' game... maybe the two 'tied' players should have a HR Derby or something to break the tie...

And to be more precise on your NL TC figure - it was 1937 when Joe 'Ducky' Medwick won the last NL TC.

Monday Evening Numbers - 2 Weeks left in the MLB Regular Season:

Cargo

BA - .340
    HR - 32
    RBI - 107

Votto

BA - .324
    HR - 34
    RBI - 104

Pujols

BA - .306
    HR - 39
    RBI - 107

Infante

BA - .334 (Not yet qualified for Batting Title - 456 PAs)
    HR - 7
    RBI - 43

Tulowitzki

BA - .325
    HR - 26
    RBI - 89

And as we go into the weekend...

Cargo

BA - .340
    HR - 33
    RBI - 113

Votto

BA - .323
    HR - 35
    RBI - 106

Pujols

BA - .310
    HR - 41
    RBI - 112

Infante

BA - .332 (Not yet qualified for Batting Title - 468 PAs)
    HR - 8
    RBI - 44

Tulowitzki

BA - .318
    HR - 26
    RBI - 90

The Rockies have pretty much shot themselves in the foot. Just like before the All-Star Break, they got to within 1 game of 1st Place and fell apart. Last week, they had stormed to within 1 game of 1st Place and they have fallen apart and haven't won a game since getting to the edge.

We were at the game tonight - great pitching duel, but the Rox couldn't get a ball out of the in-field...

- Chris