Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: NL MVP Race should go to the wire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Wow, no one wants to give anyone or even the team (Padres) any credit?
    Milledge -

Since they play in the same division as my Rox, I wasn't going to mention them by name, but they are playing absolutely inspired baseball. with only one real 'star' name - AG.

My buddy and I were talking and at this point, if they stay playing the way they have all year, and the Rox won out the season, the Rox would still come up short on catching them for the NL West.

I'm not asking for the West title, just a serious knock down drag out fight for the Wild Card to finish the season.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Milledge -

Since they play in the same division as my Rox, I wasn't going to mention them by name, but they are playing absolutely inspired baseball. with only one real 'star' name - AG.

My buddy and I were talking and at this point, if they stay playing the way they have all year, and the Rox won out the season, the Rox would still come up short on catching them for the NL West.

I'm not asking for the West title, just a serious knock down drag out fight for the Wild Card to finish the season.
    They have actually lost 7 of their last 10. There is still hope my friend...

Between Latos, Richard, Garland, and Gregerson among others having incredible seasons and pitching (as they say win postseason games)...but their problem will be the tiring of their tremendous youth pitching along with the lack of offense. But after all, the Padres are now predicted to take the series in seven over the Rays

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Pujols will take it again. Gonzalez and Votto both will not be on playoff teams. Gonzalez is a great story , amazing year but he has no realistic shot at the tc because to make up six homers at this point is almost impossible unless Pujols gets hurt. Even if Pujols hits only 4 homers rest of the year, Gonzalez would have to hit 11 to top him and 11 for any player in a month is a steep task. I think Gonzalez will win the batting title and be the one person stopping Albert from a Triple Crown (I think he will win the other two categories). I can't see Votto pulling ahead of Pujols in either Hrs or RBIS as the pennant race heats up.

Votto is up in RBI's just to let you know.... and the Reds are now 7 games up.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    That is true, but all three players are getting hot right now, and I know CarGo heating up has really put Colorado on a nice streak lately.

Colorado certainly isn't out of the playoff question, and all three players (Pujols, Votto, CarGo) aren't out of the MVP question either.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Man I hope Votto wins MVP and the Reds win out. It would be good to see some fresh blood in the playoffs and winning the biggest award. I would love to watch Chapman throwing 102 mph to Ryan Howard or Adrian Gonzalez in October. Votto is a great story hopefully he wins the triple crown. He is only 3 homers away from it and Albert's average is now 16 points off pace so hes probably the only one with a realistic chance. My point a few days ago was that the Cards are the deeper, more talented and experienced team on paper so theortically they should beat the Reds. Not to say it will happen in fact since then the way the standings have changed it probably won't.

Man I hope Votto wins MVP and the Reds win out. It would be good to see some fresh blood in the playoffs and winning the biggest award. I would love to watch Chapman throwing 102 mph to Ryan Howard or Adrian Gonzalez in October. Votto is a great story hopefully he wins the triple crown. He is only 3 homers away from it and Albert's average is now 16 points off pace so hes probably the only one with a realistic chance. My point a few days ago was that the Cards are the deeper, more talented and experienced team on paper so theortically they should beat the Reds. Not to say it will happen in fact since then the way the standings have changed it probably won't.
    I do agree that Votto has the best chance for a triple crown of the three. It is just too hard for Pujols to make up that deficit in the BA category.

It isn't out of the question for CarGo win either though. If he continues his hot streak, he may catch up in the other categories (and hopefully the rockies will keep winning).

If anyone were to win the Triple Crown, I'd guess it would be Votto.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skier14 View Post
    I do agree that Votto has the best chance for a triple crown of the three. It is just too hard for Pujols to make up that deficit in the BA category.

It isn't out of the question for CarGo win either though. If he continues his hot streak, he may catch up in the other categories (and hopefully the rockies will keep winning).

If anyone were to win the Triple Crown, I'd guess it would be Votto.
    As I mentioned in an earlier post the homers kill CarGo he is five back but that is alot and very hard to make up. If Pujols hits only five homers the whole rest of the season CarGo would have to hit ten just to tie him. That is 1/3 of his current season total in a single month and very hard for any player to do. Plus its not just Albert ahead of him Votto, Dunn and Reynolds are also with Uggla and Prince right on his tail. The TC is so hard to win earlier in the season it looked like Cabera and Hamilton would make a run and now 1.5 months later neither will finish close to it. It would be great to see one though so I am hoping somebody pulls it off it has been 44 years since Yaz won the last one.

As I mentioned in an earlier post the homers kill CarGo he is five back but that is alot and very hard to make up. If Pujols hits only five homers the whole rest of the season CarGo would have to hit ten just to tie him. That is 1/3 of his current season total in a single month and very hard for any player to do. Plus its not just Albert ahead of him Votto, Dunn and Reynolds are also with Uggla and Prince right on his tail. The TC is so hard to win earlier in the season it looked like Cabera and Hamilton would make a run and now 1.5 months later neither will finish close to it. It would be great to see one though so I am hoping somebody pulls it off it has been 44 years since Yaz won the last one.
    Well I did not say it was likely Carlos could win, but it is still a possibility. (10 HR is not out of the question either, as he hit 8 in August and 9 in July).

That being said I would like to see a triple crown winner this year whether it be Votto or Gonzalez.

I can't say it enough, Omar Infante is going to win the batting title so there is not going to be a triple crown.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com