Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QB Cut Jerseys?

Re: QB Cut Jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    If this jersey is the one in question, maybe the seller should have disclosed that the jersey was shorted by him prior to listing, but then again, often sellers will not disclose anything as the jersey was listed as a "GAME JERSEY" in the title and a "STEELERS GAMER" in the description.

If you thought this jersey was from the locker room questions should have been asked prior to submitting a buy-it-now because the seller never stated anything about where it came from in their description.
    Joel,

Ed (the buyer) should not have to ask: Hey, Mr. Seller, did you shorten the jersey? If the seller shortened the jersey, that DEFINITELY should have been disclosed. The issue here has nothing to do with whether it was actually worn in games or whether the seller stated it was game worn (though the seller calls it a game jersey and a gamer and is at the very least representing it as a game issue/ready jersey) as this disclosure should be made even with an authentic or replica. I've never heard of a dealer/seller shortening a game jersey, never mind shortening it and then selling it without disclosing that he himself altered it.

Ed, you have every right to demand a full refund.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury
    Joel,

Ed (the buyer) should not have to ask: Hey, Mr. Seller, did you shorten the jersey? If the seller shortened the jersey, that DEFINITELY should have been disclosed. The issue here has nothing to do with whether it was actually worn in games or whether the seller stated it was game worn (though the seller calls it a game jersey and a gamer and is at the very least representing it as a game issue/ready jersey) as this disclosure should be made even with an authentic or replica. I've never heard of a dealer/seller shortening a game jersey, never mind shortening it and then selling it without disclosing that he himself altered it.

Ed, you have every right to demand a full refund.

Reid
    Mr. F, I was not defending the seller, I do not know how a seller can trim a jersey and not mention in their description that they did so. Sounded odd to me.

yea i feel like i should b able to get a refund, but it wont happen, the guy talks as if he doesnt understand why people dont shorten them. He has a randle el and bettis he said he also had shortend. (that hurts) Steelers game used/issued jerseys are hard to come by so i think i am going to keep it, its only my second steelers game jersey and i plan on gettin a big collection, so why not? Ive always wondered why u dont see more steelers game jerseys on the market. I love the sleeve style of the game jerseys compared to the just average authentic, the cut is just to cool. Its def a hard call thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Mr. F, I was not defending the seller, I do not know how a seller can trim a jersey and not mention in their description that they did so. Sounded odd to me.
    Joel: I agree - seems completely outrageous.

Ed: It's up to you. I would demand a refund, though. Even if the seller is genuinely "unusual" in his thinking about how common it is to prefer that game jerseys be shortened, he still needs to disclose this. If you're okay with it, that's fine ... although it sounded from your posts that you are not. Best of luck with it either way.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.