Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Let's see some display room pics

My basement in Atlanta has an Orioles vibe, yet there's always room for a nod to good ol' Gansett. My favorite items came from Cal himself...the warm-up jacket and autographed bat as well as the picture of him shaking his dad's hand rounding third. The inscription reads, "A good baseball moment, but a great father-son moment!"
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Had the day off so I spent some time on my room and moved all my extra stuff to the basement....Of course I'll have to figure something new out in a few weeks when my auction winnings come in.

Thanks Mike H. The Beer collection started, scarey to say, when I was 15....almost thirty years ago. Like that great Cal Ripken autographed photo also posted, it's been a father and son adventure for all of those years and that room is full of treasured memories. Most, if not all, of what you are looking at is from 1895-1939 or so. If you look close, on the back wall there's a late 1940s or early 50s Red Sox Licence plate that was put out by the Narragansett Brewing Company. We were also very fortunate to pick up from a friend a great 1916 celluloid schedule for the Sox, Braves and Providence Greys put out by Narragansett and a few other things put out by the brewery in the 50s when Curt Gowdey was doing the announcing for the Sox.

Speaking of Gansett.......where on earth did an Orioles collector from Atlanta find a Gansett sign??? Way cool (and impeccable taste mind you <G>). That sign dates from the mid fifties. You need to get yourself a National Bohemian sign from Baltimore!!! Very nice room!! Spent a weekend last year at Camden Yards, can't wait to go back.

Love seeing of these pics. I hope others continue to post. It's one thing to collect and appreciate nice items, when you see a collection put together, it gives it more of a human element......much more important than just a page on ebay!!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by HiNeighbor
    Speaking of Gansett.......where on earth did an Orioles collector from Atlanta find a Gansett sign??? Way cool (and impeccable taste mind you <G>). That sign dates from the mid fifties. You need to get yourself a National Bohemian sign from Baltimore!!! Very nice room!! Spent a weekend last year at Camden Yards, can't wait to go back

Greg
    Greg
    I'm a native of Rhody and carry a torch for the nostalgia of my youth. That sign is actually a cityscape that I had commisioned and the billboard was hand drawn. Its the side of a tenement building ...there's a man in the window and the lights of the billboard actually light up. Reminds me of the old downtrodden Gemini Hotel that I used to pass every day when I went to Classical.
    Soft spot for Gansett and the Reds...I actually have a turn back the clock Reds jersey on Ebay as we speak...Jim
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Providence-RI-Re...QQcmdZViewItem

Jim,

Fantastic to hear from another Rhodey!! Now that I look at that Gansett sign more closely, I can see that it's a billboard attached to the side of a building....extremely nice!! I'll have to show that one to my dad. Where did you get it?

You hit another nerve when you mention the Reds. I have some wonderful memories of them going to games with my dad at the old Rhode Island Arena with the old chicken wire and full of smoke so thick you couldn't breathe.

Keep in touch and have a great holiday!!
    Greg

(who has to bask in the glory days of 2004 and 1903 to 1918 now that his team is falling to pieces once again).

Here is a photo of a very small part of my collection I would say about 20% of it with the remaining portion in storage, waiting to be displayed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for sharing. I like it a lot. Nice gloves!!

New to the site, but really enjoyed looking at the pics of the different collections. I'd like to share some of my own.

darylv1, I like the bat rack. Great idea!