Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: GUU: Romo/Portis/Bruce/Johnson/Ringo jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Things feel a bit different from the auction house side than it did a few months back when you were just a consumer like the rest of us, huh Robert?

Just teasin' a bit amigo...
    to tell ya the truth michael, not really. the same occasional healthy debates with rudy who btw is one in a billion, the same great email exchanges with my regular forum buddies (minus one, too bad really) and the same ridiculous addiction i get to this board whenever i start jumping into debates! when you and i start bumping heads again then it will be exactly the same!

robert

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    if you read my last post i think you'll find that it was...

No, I was talking about items having "Photomatched" in the description, with no photo to back that up. That probably should have been done before the auctions even started.

Doesnt matter anyways. I dont plan on bidding, especially when your consigners etc etc come on here and dont act quite as professional a potential bidder would like. Kind of puts a sour taste in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    No, I was talking about items having "Photomatched" in the description, with no photo to back that up. That probably should have been done before the auctions even started.
    again, if you read my post i think you will find that the matches were completed before the auction - i did them.

robert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    to tell ya the truth michael, not really. the same occasional healthy debates with rudy who btw is one in a billion, the same great email exchanges with my regular forum buddies (minus one, too bad really) and the same ridiculous addiction i get to this board whenever i start jumping into debates! when you and i start bumping heads again then it will be exactly the same!

For the record, you'll recall we never once bumped heads until you jumped the fence to the 'for profit' side of the hobby, my friend. Once you go from fellow hobbyist to businessman we go from fellow hobbyist to potential customer. Things change. Tis inevitable.

I've never seen an auction house use a Getty Image as a photomatch, probably due to copyright protection.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    I've never seen an auction house use a Getty Image as a photomatch, probably due to copyright protection.

Yeah, you dont have to. Just list that the item is photomatched by getty image #22224445996 and you're golden.

Lelands auctioned off a walter payton that was "photomatched"

Lelands offerered numerous photo matches.....and hocus pokus it goes for 50k...

moral of the story...

1. marketing 101..listen to what your customers want

2. prove to your customers that your item is 100% legit

3. reap profits

seams simple to me

WOW.....did THIS thread ever get edited.

I spent my lunch hour today reading through it, and I have to say it was quite the bomb. I am sad to see a LOT of the posts have been removed.

I guess the site is under mandate from the Obama administration. We're losing everything else, I guess it was only a matter of time before the "freedom of speech" thingie went to.

Um, sorry B-T-P-H for the political reference....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_sneeze View Post
    I guess the site is under mandate from the Obama administration. We're losing everything else, I guess it was only a matter of time before the "freedom of speech" thingie went to.

I truly wish you would loose your freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post

You know what Suicide? There's no need for an apology. I have been going through a lot of personal stuff lately. Illness in the family, I lost my job a few months ago. I've had to sell much of my collection, just to make ends meet. I wanted to keep this forum free of political debate....but what the hell, Americans do have a freedom of speech. I guess I do take things too seriously. I realize the whole country has hit tough times. I am a subversive radical at heart, so I always encourage folks to question authority. Keep up the comedy and those clever little animicons. Just jokes between collectors. This forum would not be the same if you lost your freedom of speech.
    your pal,
    B-T-P-H