Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsFest ????

Re: RedsFest ????

I'm not able to add photos. Its updated on my personal website if you want to check out the bats I picked up.

Sincityson-

I do remember 2 years ago all left over used items were still for sale. I forget who I contacted, but I remember that I made a verbal agreement to buy 2 of the bats and then I went down to the stadium and picked them up. The lady who was in charge of selling the items sent me a list of everything for sale with the prices by email. Hope this helps!

Not from the Fest...but I have this Austin Kearns glove available if interested. Was a backup glove acquired from a good source. Wilson a2000 A2K ELO, not available retail. $300 obo.

Here is what it looked like in game used area.

Jersey racks, the ones with plastic on them were retail authentics that were signed

Helmet and caps area, not as many compared to past seasons

game used bat tubs, was 5-6 of these spread around

pants rack, not many looking at these

lines to check out

Very nice photos. If there was a video posted it would show fans sliding jerseys to the side on the racks and picking up the bats out of the bins and realizing it was a scrub and throwing it back in! I swear if I picked up another dang Bako or Hatteberg bat! There were so many of them they could have filled their own bin full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by VALAIKA COLLECTOR View Post
    Very nice photos. If there was a video posted it would show fans sliding jerseys to the side on the racks and picking up the bats out of the bins and realizing it was a scrub and throwing it back in! I swear if I picked up another dang Bako or Hatteberg bat! There were so many of them they could have filled their own bin full of them.
    Thanks. I think it's cool when people post pictures from these type of events. So people who couldn't make it can see what it was like. One thing I did notice on the bats. A couple Hatteberg bats that Dunn used, had his tape job on them. So people could have gotten a used Dunn bat for $25. Also a Conine bat with Dunn tape job. You can see in one photo a bat with Griffey tape job on it. Also saw a Austin Kearns bat with a definite Wily Mo tape job on it.
    So did no one on the board go Saturday? Would love to hear what kind of stuff was left and if they cut prices on stuff to get it out the door. It is fun to look back and think what I should have gotten. I wish I saw those Stars and Stripes caps, what were they selling them for and were they MLB authenticated?

Valaika collector, what did Rosales say when you handed him his game used bat to sign. He seems like the chatty type. I saw the bat on your site it looks great.

Indyred- Now that I think about it, your exactly right on those tape jobs! Didn't even cross my mind when I was there. I didn't get to go Saturday because I had to work so I would be interested in seeing if the reds cut prices at the end.

The Rosales bat is a funny story. I was third in line and when I handed it to him he smiled real big and said "wow". I seen a total of 2 Rosales bats there. The other one had tape all over it. The redsfest guy asked him if he knew when he had used it. He sat there and was trying to think hard...

I decided to pull it up on my phone and told him he used it on 9-18-08 bottom of 9th inning. The redsfest worker said "oh yeah thats the game you slid headfirst into home, Rosales looked at him and said no way, really? It was all real funny because Rosales really tried to think what he did in that game.

I googled it when I got home, looked like he went I believe 2-4 that game and he cracked this bat on a fly out to left field. If only I could get a photomatch of it, that would be very very cool.

Chris Valaika is a guy of great personality. He recognized me and my wife there and asked what we had been up to and what we had to get signed. He has to problem striking up a conversation with you. I told him I had picked up his Lookouts jersey from the team. He knows I try to get everything I can for our collection. I'm still very thankful that he gave us his batting gloves last year because I could not find any and even offered to pay him for it!

Can't wait to see him play in Cincy.

Valaika, after looking at your website I think you are going to make it hard to collect some his items. Very cool jerseys you have! How did you get a hold of the Dayton gear, do they end up selling it?
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Is this the same one that was on Ebay the other week?

Quote Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post
    Not from the Fest...but I have this Austin Kearns glove available if interested. Was a backup glove acquired from a good source. Wilson a2000 A2K ELO, not available retail. $300 obo.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Valaika, after looking at your website I think you are going to make it hard to collect some his items. Very cool jerseys you have! How did you get a hold of the Dayton gear, do they end up selling it?
    AWA85- I got the Dragons items from a collector who has a ton of Dragons players game used items. Unfortunately the Dragons NEVER sell game used items so I have no idea where Valaika's Dragons jerseys are. I even offered $500 to the team and yes they declined!