Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    sweet. how do you unlock that puppy. the bank give you their code?
    Lol I actually rarely lock it which is like having a ferrari and rarely going fast. The codes were reset but the locksmith guy that helped put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    ivo,

That's unbelievable! Would love to hear a little bit about the process that it took to install that in your home. How much does that thing weigh?

John
    we poured concrete around the room and lowered it in with a crane and had it brought here on a flat bed truck. I want to say it weighs like 3,000 pounds. It needs to be polished soon and I need to organize my collection some time and put up framed jerseys on the wall.

mb23,

Thanks. Yeah its a great conversation piece and since the house isnt big or anything like that it surprises people. "What the hell is that?!?" I always hear. Its unique and I still have yet to see anything close on MTV cribs.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    we poured concrete around the room and lowered it in with a crane and had it brought here on a flat bed truck. I want to say it weighs like 3,000 pounds. It needs to be polished soon and I need to organize my collection some time and put up framed jerseys on the wall.

mb23,

Thanks. Yeah its a great conversation piece and since the house isnt big or anything like that it surprises people. "What the hell is that?!?" I always hear. Its unique and I still have yet to see anything close on MTV cribs.
    better not let snoop see this or he may pay you a visit.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

That is sweet

better not let snoop see this or he may pay you a visit.
    Thats what the guns in the house are for.

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by ibuyoz1 View Post
    I took Rob Steinmetz's idea and my Ozzie Smith bromance and turned it into this. Still need to add the sliding glass and arrange it a little better. Will be buying slatwall banjo holders to display the bats better and then need some other slatwall hardware to space everything out. I have had this idea for over ten years and didn't know exactly how I wanted it to look until I saw Rob's display. Thanks Rob.
    Rob ,

How big is that Display ?? That looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    In some recent correspondence with another forum member, we were talking about bat displays. I had taken some pictures to share with him some things I had done in my gu room in our basement. Sorry for the poor quality. I have trouble with picture clarity in low lighting situations. Anyway, since I had these handy, I thought that I would post them here.

John
    I think it's great that you have all of those pictures of your family included on the walls at sporting events. Makes the hobby a family thing rather than a "me" thing doesn't it?

Simply awesome room
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    I finished my 3 ceiling racks. I now have all 430 bats displayed with room for about 30 more. Once the last rack if full I will have about 111 on my ceiling. My brother and I did have a "cave-in" during construction. I took a few off the dome but my scunion was fine. I did, however, get a nasty knot on my shin. We wore helmets when loading bats after that and were a bit wiser about the flexibility of metal brackets.

thats cool having a brother with the same interest. does he have his own collection too?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jays1fan View Post
    Rob ,

How big is that Display ?? That looks great.

Scott,

It is 8ft wide. it is about 15in deep and is roughly 6 1/2 tall.

Thanks,
    Steve
    steve@flowersmortgagegroup.com

thats cool having a brother with the same interest. does he have his own collection too?
    No, my brother has a gift with the ladies so he has never collected anything other than......... He was nice enough to help me install the next section of my collection.

Yes, I am the fat guy on the step stool.......bastards........
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!