Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Beware - Jeter GU Jersey on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by BCowan40 View Post
    I wanted to chime in here and confirm several things. First a representative here at Steiner, Efrain Reyes was originally contacted about this jersey by one of his customers and Efrain confirmed that this jersey is indeed game issued, not game used. We used the J tag number which is shown in the photo to access this information through our records. The hologram on the jersey was incorrectly placed and for that we are absolutely at fault. Not only is the hologram incorrect but you'll notice there is no MLB hologram as all of our game used jerseys typically have. With that said we don't want to see any further problems so are requesting that the seller please remove the jersey as game used as he so generously offered to do. Make no mistake this is not a Derek Jeter 2008 game used jersey, it is game issued. Also the comment made by the seller about it being possibly the last jersey Jeter wore at Yankee Stadium is incorrect because as other members have pointed out the Yankees had armbands on their jerseys in the 2nd half of the season. This jersey is a Derek Jeter 2008 game issued jersey. We are truly sorry for this mistaken use of a game used hologram and are taking the needed steps to insure better quality control and prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Kudos for coming forward and explaining this matter. Not many would do so.

Regards, Tony

Brooks,
    I agree with Tony, thanks for steping up!!!!!

Now I think someone owes use idiots a big fat sorry!!! Thought I don't think, will see him any more!!!

Banned

I have not contacted the seller during this whole thread. So I have had no communication with him at all.

After reading BCowans response I was curious if the seller was aware at the point that it is a fact that the Jersey was not game used.

I did not saying anything harmful or mean or in any derogatory tone of any sort. I just simpley asked him.

THIS WAS HIS RESPONSE!!!

"Dear buyer go fuck yourself!"

You got to love this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    I have not contacted the seller during this whole thread. So I have had no communication with him at all.

After reading BCowans response I was curious if the seller was aware at the point that it is a fact that the Jersey was not game used.

I did not saying anything harmful or mean or in any derogatory tone of any sort. I just simpley asked him.

THIS WAS HIS RESPONSE!!!

"Dear buyer go fuck yourself!"

You got to love this guy.
    Wow... this guy is good at making friends.

I don't think he'd change his auction if Jeter himself told him it was game issued.

Banned

Has anyone ever seen a regular season Steiner game used Jeter Jersey? I have seen one listed on their website for 25 grand. The rest that I have seen have all been game issued, BP or Spring Training. Jeter is a huge collector himself so I think he keeps alot of his game used stuff for his own collection or to trade with other players (I read an interview with him once where he said he loves to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a regular season Steiner game used Jeter Jersey? I have seen one listed on their website for 25 grand. The rest that I have seen have all been game issued, BP or Spring Training. Jeter is a huge collector himself so I think he keeps alot of his game used stuff for his own collection or to trade with other players (I read an interview with him once where he said he loves to do that).
    Yea, right now Steiner has 3 Jeter game used regular season jerseys:
    2004 home jersey - $10,000
    2009 road opening day jersey - $10,000
    2009 home jersey - $15,000

Quote Originally Posted by mfurnari View Post
    To all the idiots I need to respond to. Yes, I bought the Jeter jersey for $734 on ebay last week. I guess I was the only one who noticed the hologram said "game used". I even went as far to ask the seller about this because he did list it as game issued. After receiving his answer I realized he had no idea what the hologram meant. Novice buyers and sellers are ignorant to what "game issued" vs. what "game used" means. This seller is in this grouping. I can assure you Steiner "experts" that game issued jerseys receive "game issued" holograms while game used get...You got it, "game used" holograms! For the "expert" who could assertain game usage from the pics provided and deemed it not game used (even though Steiner put a game used hologram on it) I say you sir are either the best authenticator ever or just another idiot. Probably the latter.

I usually don't frequent these types of forums because of the idiots who spend their time bashing honest collectors and waste everyones time. I say to you, "Put up or shut up!" If you can prove the jersey is NOT game used I will pull the listing off ebay. Untill then you can bid on it if you like. My reserve is $2500.
    I'll keep checking back for your apology.

Looks like eBay did the right thing here:

This listing (260497345465) has been removed, or this item is not available.

• Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
    -Bottom of the 9th Sports Memorabilia

halofan

Well I aka the idiot , never said I was an expert, I just gave my opinion . I understand he saw something that people missed, and he thought he had gold, and he could flip it. But, to be a douche bag with name calling and telling people to F' themselves, shows people just what a jackass he is.

Looks like he took it down and probably is getting a refund from the original seller, because that person has it listed again as game issued. Having issues posting the link. Sorry.