Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Mastro Shill Bid list!

[QUOTE
    Don't I remember a post of someone actually reading the full policy of one of the auction houses and it said if we feel an item is undervalued that we may bid or something of that nature? I'm certain I seen that on here awhile ago on a post. [/QUOTE]

That was Heritage

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    [QUOTE
    Don't I remember a post of someone actually reading the full policy of one of the auction houses and it said if we feel an item is undervalued that we may bid or something of that nature? I'm certain I seen that on here awhile ago on a post.
    That was Heritage[/QUOTE]

So if every auction house puts that in their policy, that voids out schilling correct?

Read item #13 from Heritage's Terms & Conditions:

http://sports.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and....zx?view=terms

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    That was Heritage
    So if every auction house puts that in their policy, that voids out schilling correct?[/QUOTE]

This is a law which applies to Texas only I believe . . . It isn't just the policy of the auctioneer, it is allowed by law in that state.

Regarding the list: I'm assuming there are more than a few of the people listed multiple times in the victim category that could now pursue civil claims—has this been discussed yet? I haven't followed this case closely as I never bid with the auction houses run by Mastro/etc.

What is mind boggling to me is that on some other forums, mostly the card collecting forums this discussion is 50 some pages long. I thought card collecting was dying out, then at a couple shows I watched card collectors grab unopened boxes of cards and open them like they are eating their first meal in months and with this shows me they still out number game used collectors by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    What is mind boggling to me is that on some other forums, mostly the card collecting forums this discussion is 50 some pages long. I thought card collecting was dying out, then at a couple shows I watched card collectors grab unopened boxes of cards and open them like they are eating their first meal in months and with this shows me they still out number game used collectors by a large margin.
    These are vintage card collectors. Think high end cards like the Wagner tobacco cards, 52 topps Mantle, vintage complete sets, etc all professionally graded. These types of cards are auctioned off like game used items and were very much exposed to the shill bidding. Mastro did a lot of cards more so than game used which is why this affects cards and game used auctions hence the equal concern from card forums.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I wish I would have researched all of this 24 hours ago.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I wish I would have researched all of this 24 hours ago.
    I know what you mean unfortunately I feel guu made a huge mistake and chose not to look out for our community.

I know it's a hard job to moderate and run fourms but I always felt this website and net54 were created to protect the collectors not the kingmakers

I hope at some point the questions a lot of us have are answered

Josh

Yea im a little shocked that something has not been said about it already...

You would think people involved would rather comment on the situation rather than letting people assume what they read is correct,
    I find it interesting that because it's in house that nobody has said anything about it.. But just my opinion.. And would like to hear what has to be said..

Guess waiting for the dust to settle...??

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    Yea im a little shocked that something has not been said about it already...

You would think people involved would rather comment on the situation rather than letting people assume what they read is correct,
    I find it interesting that because it's in house that nobody has said anything about it.. But just my opinion.. And would like to hear what has to be said..

Guess waiting for the dust to settle...??
    Not only are there many large names/auction houses on this list, they are also CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND SELLING in the hobby. I know if I were falsely accused or named in a scandal like this, I would not remain silent. I keep waiting for these people to chime in. If they can't even bother to comment on why their names have appeared in this document, I can only assume there is some level of guilt.
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com