Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I came across this renovation. This guy took his 1 car garage and made it into an above ground MAN CAVE which is very cool and themed it for the Florida Gators!
    I wanted to attach part of his story:

The renovation included custom woodwork and shelves for the homeowner to spotlight and safely stow his Hall of Fame–worthy collection. Among the goods in the 13-by-22-foot room are jerseys signed by Heisman trophy winners Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel and Tim Tebow; replica Heisman statuettes; real championship rings, and replica trophies from Florida’s conference and national titles in football and basketball; game-worn cleats and gloves of Emmitt Smith, Jevon Kearse and Chris Leak; a football from the 2007 BCS championship game between Florida and Ohio State; and a piece of the court on which the Gators basket ball team won the 2007 NCAA crown.

The prized coup—a Dallas Cowboys helmet worn by Smith during the game in which he broke Walter Payton’s career rushing record—stemmed from the homeowner’s interest in electronics. He and Smith had crossed paths at Florida and struck up a friendship when the homeowner impressed the future NFL star with a decked-out van (it included a whopping 56-speaker system) he entered in car stereo competitions.

“Emmitt wore a different helmet in each quarter of the game where he broke the record. He broke it in the third quarter, and everything from that run went to the Hall of Fame. For the other three helmets, supposedly one is in [Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones’ house, one is in Emmitt’s house, and the other is in mine.”
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

In some recent correspondence with another forum member, we were talking about bat displays. I had taken some pictures to share with him some things I had done in my gu room in our basement. Sorry for the poor quality. I have trouble with picture clarity in low lighting situations. Anyway, since I had these handy, I thought that I would post them here.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    In some recent correspondence with another forum member, we were talking about bat displays. I had taken some pictures to share with him some things I had done in my gu room in our basement. Sorry for the poor quality. I have trouble with picture clarity in low lighting situations. Anyway, since I had these handy, I thought that I would post them here.

John
    John,

Great displays !! The only thing that would make it better is if it was all Yankees stuff..

Congrats,

George

John, your room/areas look great! Very well done.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

You need more bats

Seriously though, nice room! One day, I'll have my room...one day

i must say that i have never come across more impressive collections. everyone has amazing this and i cant wait to finish my "man cave." you guys have giving me plenty of ideas. thanks for showing off you items.

John
    John,
    the room looks super!!! Any extra Manny bats for trade?
    Mike
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Thanks AWA85, Fastlane, and mattsr for commenting. When I'm home, I spend a lot of time down there. The nice thing is the room is very functional and whole family hangs out there, too. Fastlane, when my wife says, "you need more bats," her sarcasm is a little more pointed than yours! Actually, my wife and kids take a pretty a good interest in my hobby and my wife may be more of a hardcore Sox fan than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    John,

Great displays !! The only thing that would make it better is if it was all Yankees stuff..

Congrats,

George
    George, I am working on a display that includes some Yankee stuff. It includes a piece from Yankee Stadium from a certain playoff series in 2004 and some NY newspaper articles from said series. Probably not what you had in mind! Thanks for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by NegleyPirate View Post
    John,
    the room looks super!!! Any extra Manny bats for trade?
    Mike
    Mike, thanks for your post. Sorry, no Manny bats to trade at the moment. Although Manny isn't with my team anymore, he's probably the most pure hitter I've had the opportunity to watch in my lifetime. As far as Manny being Manny, I've got mixed emotions that pretty much run the full gamut, but this isn't the place to go into it. Anyway, Manny will continue to be a part of my Red Sox collection for a very long time. Thanks again.

John

John
    Awesome room. I enjoy seeing what others have done for ideas. I built my room years ago and it has undergone a facelift of late as I have been off for months awaiting surgery that will take place on Thursday. I have the exact same pool table, but it has been in our storage room for years as wife thinks kids will trash my room. It'll make it in there one day!