Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Re: Show Off Your Nelwy Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post

A few of my 14 Shaq shoes which are a favorite when people visit. Also our 500 HR Club ball collection.

Attachment 13985

Attachment 13986

Attachment 13987

Attachment 13988
    Can you take closeups of the McGwire autographed jerseys. i would love to see the signatures up close.

Quote Originally Posted by mwbosoxfan View Post
    Thanks AWA85, Fastlane, and mattsr for commenting. When I'm home, I spend a lot of time down there. The nice thing is the room is very functional and whole family hangs out there, too. Fastlane, when my wife says, "you need more bats," her sarcasm is a little more pointed than yours! Actually, my wife and kids take a pretty a good interest in my hobby and my wife may be more of a hardcore Sox fan than I am.

George, I am working on a display that includes some Yankee stuff. It includes a piece from Yankee Stadium from a certain playoff series in 2004 and some NY newspaper articles from said series. Probably not what you had in mind! Thanks for your comments.
    John,

I guess I walked straight into that one !! All kidding aside, you did a great job displaying your stuff!! By the way, if you need any newspaper articles to put up, I have an extra one with Boone and Wakefield on the cover .

George

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Awesome room. I enjoy seeing what others have done for ideas. I built my room years ago and it has undergone a facelift of late as I have been off for months awaiting surgery that will take place on Thursday. I have the exact same pool table, but it has been in our storage room for years as wife thinks kids will trash my room. It'll make it in there one day!
    Bob, thanks for your comment. I have always enjoyed seeing what items everyone has and how they display them. I actually got the vertical bat holders built into the chair railing idea from someone else on the forum who posted pics. The oak lath for mounting the pictures came from a restaurant in Minnesota. Like many here, I, too, had spent quite a few years gathering the items currently in my collection. When the time presented itself for the opportunity to refinish the room and hallway to display my stuff, that process became almost as exhilarating as collecting itself. And, now the displaying part is still part of an on-going process. It all makes for a lot of enjoyment. Sharing it with people like you guys who understand, makes it that much more enjoyable.

Bob, good luck and hope all goes well with your surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    John,

I guess I walked straight into that one !! All kidding aside, you did a great job displaying your stuff!! By the way, if you need any newspaper articles to put up, I have an extra one with Boone and Wakefield on the cover .

George
    George, Good one on the Boone - Wake comeback! There's always a place for everything, isn't there? Thanks again for your kind words.

John

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    Can you take closeups of the McGwire autographed jerseys. i would love to see the signatures up close.

Here you go!!!!

Name:  mcgwire_gameused_2000_jersey_sig.jpg
Views: 3756
Size:  56.8 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

hi there-i dont have many game used items (just a pair of stadium seats from three rivers and a pair of gloves from brett keisel)but i thought i would join this thread and post my steelers room anyway,hope you guys dont mind, but i was really proud of it,i say "was" because it was alot better before i started selling off my collection......all you guys have some amazing collections on here,wow!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Looks like you like the Stealers a little bit
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Oh... one point for editing, Steelers.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

JOEBATHENUT

Nice job with the room. I used to love the Steelers when I was a kid in the 70's (bandwagon, I know...but I was just a little kid). I even went as Terry Bradshaw this year for Halloween. Maybe next year I'll be Lambert and block out a tooth or two.

Anyway, cool stuff. Thanks for showing it off.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

thanks for the nice words...jack lambert is one of my favorite steelers players......jobathenut
    Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    JOEBATHENUT

Nice job with the room. I used to love the Steelers when I was a kid in the 70's (bandwagon, I know...but I was just a little kid). I even went as Terry Bradshaw this year for Halloween. Maybe next year I'll be Lambert and block out a tooth or two.

Anyway, cool stuff. Thanks for showing it off.

First, I want to say thanks to all who contacted me after my recent robbery story. I appreciate all of your comments. If I didn't get back to you, I apologize. It's been a roller coaster ride to say the least.

I am not quite done with my man room (man cave) but I made a few more additions. I still have a Jerry Rice jersey to get framed for the wall that has the bats leaning. I also ordered a 3-bat rack to place underneath the Favre jersey.

Also, someone on the forum (jlind, I think) had asked about Bruce Hurst Red Sox items. The framed Red Sox jersey is Hurst's from the 1987 season. I bought it several years ago, possibly from a forum member, and was very excited when I came across an '88 Donruss card that showed him possibly wearing the jersey. The 75th anniversary of Fenway Park patch is visible on the card and I'm not sure how many jerseys would have been issued to a pitcher that year.

Anyway, thanks again to all. It is appreciated. Enough of that... here are the pics...

Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 4215
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0877.jpg
Views: 4173
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0878.jpg
Views: 4136
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0879.jpg
Views: 4184
Size:  92.4 KB