Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Re: Show Off Your Newly Renovated Memorabilia Rooms

Too much stuff? Nah. Too much stuff is several hundred bats leaning against every wall and corner, boxes of signed baseballs and photos, and a couple of closets full of jerseys. And a narrow path leading through the chaos. I have a plan to change all that by the time I hit the big six-oh, which gives me a bit over six months, if the fam doesn't sic the Hoarders people on me first.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I have a plan to change all that by the time I hit the big six-oh, which gives me a bit over six months, if the fam doesn't sic the Hoarders people on me first.
    That's pretty funny!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Thanks!
    We made the lockers from scratch (with the idea stolen from someone in this thread!) The balls are in shelves we found at a garage sale, and we put finishing on it to make it look like it matches the lockers. The "fans" of jerseys are actually antique clothes dryers! They were cheap and I thought they looked cool. The bats racks we made; the only problem with them is knobless bats don't fit.

Ken
    nice room. use a space even a wife could not argue against.

how are the stuff in the bulletin board cabinet held in place? pin?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Yankee fans wanting to build the ultimate sports room should check out this site!

http://www.carvedwoodshop.com/photo_gallery.php

http://www.carvedwoodshop.com/?gclid...FYJ9Ogod6BUAgw
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Just a corner of my way-too-small display room, but the snowstorm gave me a chance to organize my bat rack & accompanying photos (mostly type 1's). Unfortunately the bats on the rack do not have any direct correlation to the players in the photos...

R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Ahhh...one of my favorite threads revived. Very nice!

RJ, you probably could hear my groan when I saw your post. We have the same idea about collecting bat themed pics to go with game used bats. I am still gathering pics and trying to come up with a coherent and not incredibly space consuming way to display. Of course my are much more tasteful as they are Red Sox and not Yankees, but all the same, I think it is a very cool idea. I particularly like the posed ones most popular in the 60s with the players aiming bats like rifles or holding 4 at a time. I have an idea for a display and if I ever put it together I will post it.

Soxbats@aol.com

Collecting Red Sox bats 1960 to present, need Ron Jackson (60), Ray Webster, Carmen Fanzone, George Smith, Felix Mantilla, Ken Poulsen, Chuck Goggin, and Luis Alvarado

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan23 View Post
    Just a corner of my way-too-small display room, but the snowstorm gave me a chance to organize my bat rack & accompanying photos (mostly type 1's). Unfortunately the bats on the rack do not have any direct correlation to the players in the photos...

I have a Mattingly GU L/V Slugger T141 - Autographed 1986-89 for sale.
    Jerry Sage jssage24@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by soxbats View Post
    RJ, you probably could hear my groan when I saw your post. We have the same idea about collecting bat themed pics to go with game used bats. I am still gathering pics and trying to come up with a coherent and not incredibly space consuming way to display. Of course my are much more tasteful as they are Red Sox and not Yankees, but all the same, I think it is a very cool idea. I particularly like the posed ones most popular in the 60s with the players aiming bats like rifles or holding 4 at a time. I have an idea for a display and if I ever put it together I will post it.
    Thanks, Jeff. It has taken me a couple of years to collect the photos. I have a few that didn't quite make the cut and am always on the lookout for more upgrades in the hope that I'll have more space one day.
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Ken (earlywynn fan) how did you make the bat structure in the corner? Are the bats glued together? It looks really cool.