Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Any followup on this bat transaction?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Exclamation Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Sort of relates to this post, but as an FYI:

Paypal no longer provides any "buyer protection" for private transactions off ebay, unless the item doesn't arrive. No protection against getting the wrong item, item not as described, etc... Got this news direct from their customer service department after they automatically closed a claim due to this policy.

Banned

Re: $1,425 FRAUD: [Ichiro 2004 autographed bat PSA/DNA], Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector), RENTO

Thank you for all those following this case.

A kind member just informed me that Mr. Joshua Hanson works for Trader Joe's (its a specialty food chain store) in the Renton, WA area.

I will use this information when I ask for help from the Renton authorities.

My only hope is that they can provide assistance, even though the fraud occured in an internet transaction, and I am not in the United States (I am in the Philippines)...

Banned

UPDATES/TIMELINE (09/04/10):

1) Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 7:18 PM: I sent the extensive email below to [Police Department Chief Kevin Milosevich, Renton Police Department, Renton, WA, USA].
    The email included all necessary attachments:

a) All scans of the Western Union money transfer receipts
    b) All of my email correspondence with Mr. Joshua Hanson regarding this deal, through direct emails and the eBay messaging system)

2) Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:58 AM: I received the following email reply from Chief Kevin Milosevich:

"
    Thanks for the email, but we do not investigate these types of cases."

==============================
    *Details of email sent to Renton Police Department:

To: Police Department Chief Kevin Milosevich,

Renton Police Department, Renton, WA, USA

Dear Sir,

*This direct email has the following attachments:

a) Scans of the Western Union money transfer receipts
    b) All of my email correspondence with Mr. Joshua Hanson regarding this deal, through direct emails and the eBay messaging system

Please confirm sir, thank you very much, -(my name)

I am (my name), a resident of the Philippines. I am a sports memorabilia collector, and I mainly purchase baseball & basketball game-used items from ebay.

(my name)
    (my address)
    (my phone number)
    (my email)

I am the victim of a $1,425.00 Ichiro Bat fraud, victimized by Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector) of Renton, WA.

Joshua D Hanson
    200 South 3rd Street
    Renton, WA 98057-2031
    Workplace: Trader Joe's, Renton area
    Birthdate: 12/01/1980
    Phone number: (253)677-2445
    Email: ichiro151@live.com

Mr. Joshua Hanson got $1,425.00 from me for a game-used, autographed Ichiro Suzuki 2004 bat (authenticated by PSA/DNA). I made several deals in the past with Mr. Joshua Hanson, so I thought he was an honest person. However, in this transaction, he never shipped the bat to me.

I first asked the help and advice of other members of the sports memorabilia community by posting this incident in the [Game Used Universe] website forums. Using my user account [al3xmac10], I posted all the details of this fraud case, complete with website screenshots, at [https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=37266&page=2].

The forum members advised that it is better to directly contact the Renton police department myself, as third party reports do not get much attention, and the police department would want to talk to the person filing the complaint.

Here are the details/timeline of this incident:

1) June 07, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector) buys the Ichiro signed bat from ebay seller (ebay id: 13alexrodriguez) for $866.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220615048505

2) June 27, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson (ebay id: ichiro51collector) posts the same Ichiro signed bat on ebay for $2,499.00. The auction ends without any bidders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170504800901

3) June 30, 2010: I inquire about the bat with Mr. Joshua Hanson by directly emailing him at [ichiro151@live.com].

4) July 2, 2010: We agreed on $1,425.00 via Western Union Money Transfer.

5) July 3, 2010: I sent $1,425.00 via Western Union Money Transfer to Mr. Joshua Hanson. Here are the Western Union recipient details:

Safeway - Western Union
    c/o Joshua D Hanson
    200 South 3rd Street
    Renton, WA 98057-2031
    (425) 255-4151
    (253)677-2445
    Birthdate: 12/01/1980
    Email: ichiro151@live.com

6) July 18, 2010: Mr. Joshua Hanson reveals that he returned to the original buyer. He was indeed telling the truth, because I found the bat relisted by ebay seller (ebay id: 13alexrodriguez) and sold on ebay on July 12, 2010 for $361.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220632325903

7) August 28, 2010 (present): No game-used autographed Ichiro PSA/DNA bat received from Mr. Joshua Hanson.
    The last email from Mr. Joshua Hanson was July 18, 2010.
    I have emailed him directly at [ichiro151@live.com],
    I have emailed him via ebay at [ebay id: ichiro51collector],
    and I tried calling him directly at [(253)677-2445].

He never replied to my emails, nor answered my calls.
    I have never heard from him again.

I would like to ask for the help of Renton Police Department.
    I hope that the Renton Police Department can offer its assistance, even though I reside in the Philippines.

I can send scans of the Western Union money transfer receipts, and all of my email correspondence with Mr. Joshua Hanson regarding this deal.

I do not want to lose my money to fraud.

Thank you very much for reading this very long incident report;
    Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Thank you very much,
    Alex

Banned

I shop at Trader Joe's all the time. Infact I live 5 minutes from Renton. As far as I know there is no Trader Joe's in Renton but there is one in Federal Way and Burien that are close.

Banned

Here are the numbers for both Burien and Federal Way Trader Joe's if you would like to call.

Trader Joe's Federal Way (134)

1758 S 320th St
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    Phone Number: 253-529-9242

Trader Joe's Burien (133)

15868 1st Ave S
    Burien, WA 98148
    Phone Number: 206-901-9339

Banned

To: Lokee - Thank you very much for the information.
    May I send an email directly to you regarding the Renton WA authorities?

I have just filed complaints to the following organizations:

1) FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
    2) Washington State Office of the Attorney General
    3) Washington State Lemon Law,
    4) Washington State Better Business Bureau (BBB) -
    a) Better Business Bureau of Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington,
    b) Better Business Bureau of E. Washington, N. Idaho & Montana

Thank you for everyone's help and concern,
    Alex

Noteworthy effort, I hope it turns in your favor. Might be just me, but $1425 is too good of a deal for an AU ichiro gamer. Everything about this thread unsettles me, but especially the price he agreed to. I hope you get your money back.

Banned

For everyone's reference, this is the screenshot of the last email I received from Mr. Joshua Hanson (via eBay's messaging system) on July 18, 2010.

I have emailed him directly at [ichiro151@live.com],
    I have emailed him via ebay at [ebay id: ichiro51collector],
    and I tried calling him directly at [(253)677-2445].

He never replied to my emails, nor answered my calls.
    I have never heard from him again.

Banned

Alex,

Please email me yobyeknom69@hotmail.com