Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Fake Canseco Game Used Bat? - Help needed

Yeah, Chipper's one of my favorite players. When you look at the numbers he's put up, he compares very favorably to any third baseman who's ever played.

I have owned a couple Canseco gamers over the years and the "33" written on each end isn't even close to Canseco's handwritting.

The seller got back to me, and he's willing to give a refund for the bats return. He admitted that it's the same bat. This is my first time with the ebay return policy. It's as simple as opening a dispute through ebay for items not as described?

Thanks for all the help again. When I get this sorted, I guess I'm back in the market for a Canseco gamer.

Was the seller the one who doctored up the bat? If so, how long do you think it will be until this guy relists the bat on eBay?

I don't want to be a rabble rouser but could you please give any info on this guy you have to the members here on the forum so we can put him on our rippers list?Thanks
    jon

Certainly. This is an open forum to help everyone. I put his name in my original post: ebay id is prhitking4256 and he was once a member of this forum with the name hitking.

Obviously, he hasn't said that it was he who doctored the bat. I want to have the issue dealt with properly, be refunded and make people aware that the bat is out there. I'm not going to say he doctored the bat unless I have hard evidence to support that claim. I just don't want to see anyone else get burned. The pics are on my original post, so if you come across the same bat you'll know to steer clear.

I'll be on the lookout for a Canseco bat again, so chances are I'll notice it if it's reposted on ebay.

Can I ask, if a refund was offered direct through paypal rather than going through the ebay dispute process, would you choose that option? The seller has offered to refund me tonight. As I said, this would be my first time returning an item purchased on ebay.

Again, your help so far has been invaluable, and any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks yet again.

Joe

I saw and watched the auction in my ebay . Something about the writing of the #33 in green (too sloppy on both ends) I didn't like and just got bad vibes about the bat ! Now I know why . Follow your instincts , your first is usually the right one . I hope you can get your money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take the paypal refund and move on. I was looking at his other bats that seller recently sold. Do they look legit?..... some big names in there. Good luck on finding another Jose bat, there are legit one's out there just have to search. Seems he is one of those player's that has a pretty big game used collector following. Probally quite a bit of his stuff squirled away in permanent collections. Makes it sweeter though when you do get a nice game used piece from Jose....

Hi Everyone,

After hearing about this situation with an individual I've dealt with before I'm even more upset at the two extremely lowball offers I just received for two of the bats I have for sale.

This guy (prhitking4256) actually offered me $375 for the 1983 Rawlings Steve Carlton gamer and $400 for the 1990 Yount gamer. I know I shouldn't, but I take offers like these as a personal insult! It's like he thinks I'm dumb enough to think that a Carlton or Yount game used bat is only worth that amount! PUH-LEASE!

I hope you are able to get your money back. Even though you don't have proof right now that he was the one that doctored the bat if he was the one that admitted it was the same bat he probably knows about the doctoring.

I've got another issue with that seller but I won't disclose it since I have no proof. However, if you compare closely the items sold by cnotes100 (NARU'd) and prhitking4256 you will notice some interesting things with the bidding and with their locations.
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=1&completed=1

Tim Byington
    t_byington@yahoo.com