Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo
I typically do not deal with any of the major auction houses but have started to lately. I have purchased from MastroNet - very courteous, professional and everything you could ask for. I have done some autograph business with Memory Lane and am waiting for my package to arrive on Monday as well as Vintage Authentics who I am also waiting on. We'll see how that goes. For some reason, I really don't trust Historic Auctions after hearing this but I can't really comment because I didn't bid in the auction and haven't done business with them.

Let us know what happens,
Tim
I did not participate in the Historic auction, but it sounds like there are definitely some issues they need to address. I regularly bid in auctions run by Mastronet, Lelands, and Grey Flannel (I also used to bid in American Memorabilia auctions quite regularly, but never again ... for a boatload of reasons that have been well-documented on this forum in other threads). Historically, I've been outbid in Lelands and Grey Flannel (which I believe is just a coincidence), though I've been fortunate enough to win several incredible items from Mastronet over the years, some of which have gone for amounts far under my ceiling bid. These experiences have certainly helped me to trust Mastronet (and I agree with Tim's comments about how courteous and professional they are). The issue of shill bidding in auction houses, though, is one that has been around for many years. You can't blame bidders for questioning this practice. I admit that it has crossed my mind with certain auction houses.

Reid