Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Flags!

Banned

Re: Red Flags!

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    Every single 2001 Bonds Jersey signed and said to be game worn. There only has been one real 2001 game worn bonds Jersey on the market. That was listed by Mike Quick and Coveh. All the rest are Jerseys signed with HR numbers and have never seen any game action. The extra tagging is missing under russell. Hoskins said he cut them off before the were sold BS. I have examined many of these Jerseys and there is no way tagging was cut off. The market was flooded with so called Game Used 2001 Jerseys.

ebay item Item number: 130243091647
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=003

Sad collectors have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on these
    Jerseys.
    Just wondering, how do you know they are all not genuine and that there is only one real one on the market? I know Barry and Steve had arguments in the press, but I was always under the impression Steve was close to Barry and that Barry stabbed Steve in the back years down the road.

Re: Red Flags!

Check out the tagging on the Bonds Jerseys. There are a few things.

1.) None of the 2001 Bonds Jersey home/road/alternate that were ever sold by Steve had the extra length flag tags. Like in the Espn the magazine or getty photo I have. Every photo with Bonds 2001 Jerseys untucked show 3 extra flag tags.
    2.) Most of the 2000's are legit, the 2001 are not.
    3.) In the photo if you look at the Bonds authenticated patch it doesn't say 2001. The ones that Steve sold had a Bonds authenticated patch that said 2001. You will never see Barry wearing this type of patch.
    4.) On the Jerseys that Steve sold the Bonds authenticated patch was ironed on. The gamers were actually stiched on in 2001 (like the one that recently sold on ebay.
    5.) The Jersey that was sold on ebay came directly from Barry's locker not through Steve.
    6.) Barry claims that Steve's Jerseys were imitations, that Steve had him sign.
    7.) I had personally seen Barry's locker in 2001 and saw the correct tagging. I had never seen the other tagging that claimed to be game used.

I'm not here to burst anybody's bubble but until anyone can prove otherwise. No doubt a lot of what Steve sold was legit bats, cleats, etc.. The only Jersey I can say for certain was a gamer is that one that was on ebay.

The number of these Jerseys that are on the market are ridiculous. Below are a few examples.

real game used 2001 jersey and photo's of similar tagging

Here are the fakes: see the 2001 stiched on the authenticated tag. No extra flag tag. You won't see any photo's of Barry wearing this style of patch.