Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Defines 'Game Used' These Days?

I know we have all talked about it, I know we all have our own opinions, and god knows the players have their own opinions on defining "Game Used"; however this one gave me a good laugh in the airport yesterday. So add your own caption here to the following photo, how is this chair game used?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What Defines 'Game Used' These Days?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
    I know we have all talked about it, I know we all have our own opinions, and god knows the players have their own opinions on defining "Game Used"; however this one gave me a good laugh in the airport yesterday. So add your own caption here to the following photo, how is this chair game used?
    Remove the word "game" and it's good to go. Even if he took the chair on the field, sat in it, and then called it game used, still not legit.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

I needed a good laugh this morning One question I have is Game used vs Team Issued that sellers or auction houses often put in the listing.For an exaple Joe Montana one of the best no doubt or Don Mattingly my favorite all time players.Jerseys or helmets or bats they made for them that they just never got around to using.The tagging & specs looks correct ect but it looks like it has never seen a locker room and the jersey is in mint condition with not one thread out of place like it has been sitting in a closet with a dry cleaning bag over it or a helmet or bat that doesn't have one tiny scratch.I know the teams have charity auctions of star players gear also.I imagine these days a star player only uses a jersey for one single game these days while back in the day a player could have used a jersey for an entire season or multiple games but always made more jerseys for the stars.Thoughts on Game used vs Team issued?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...1&d=1484326019 Here is great example.This is a jersey I am interested in a Raiders jersey of the great hall of famer Ted "Mad Stork" Hendricks a 4X Super Bowl winner also.He was a great hard hitting Linebacker & probably still has the NFL record for the most blocked punts & field goals to this day with his 6-7 frame & long arms.This jerseys checks out but doesn't have a single thread out of place or stain and looks to have never seen a locker room

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...1&d=1484328179 Has a COA for the autograph but not "game used" as you can tell this jersey is minty.The price of $1,500 is pretty reasonable is why I am maybe interested.A real gamer of his is worth $5,000 & up.Any thoughts jersey guys?

I always felt this way with player locker name tags. Cool extra to own but game used? It's a name plate. I'll never forget asking the price for a Mike Trout locker name tag. I forgot the team but he wanted $500 for a Mike Trout Locker tag that was printed in color on a plain piece of paper and cut to fit. Really? When the guy emailed me the picture I laughed so hard but then felt sad for the guy who will pay that since it does say Mike Trout with a MLB sticker on it but a plain piece of paper that cost 75 cents to print.

And the jersey has the proper pre MacGregor Sand Knit tagging for the early 80's and is a size 50.I looked at some of his gamers sold over the years and that was his size.The name plate looks a little shaky though .To new collectors of this great hobby you have to be extra careful and do your homework as there are crooks out there trying to make quick bucks or people or auction houses that don't know about what they are selling and assume its "game used" no mater the sport or item or team.There are some great experts on this website that know what is what for advice

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    I always felt this way with player locker name tags. Cool extra to own but game used? It's a name plate. I'll never forget asking the price for a Mike Trout locker name tag. I forgot the team but he wanted $500 for a Mike Trout Locker tag that was printed in color on a plain piece of paper and cut to fit. Really? When the guy emailed me the picture I laughed so hard but then felt sad for the guy who will pay that since it does say Mike Trout with a MLB sticker on it but a plain piece of paper that cost 75 cents to print.
    That is what I am taking about you have to really do your homework and not be afraid to ask for advice from fellow collectors.Some might get worried that if you do someone might try to snatch their highly desired item in a bidding war

What s next on "game-used" definitions? The tires on a player's car when he drove to the game?

I think most collectors have stricter definitions of "game-used" than do some sellers. Personally, if the rules don't require it, it doesn't meet my definition.

maybe he used the chair to play games in the clubhouse? then it would technically be "game used" ha. most likely, the only thing fulmer used that chair for was to sit his a** in before and after games. some ROY a** sweat to the highest bidder!

also in agreement on the locker tags. i think lineup cards fall in the same category, though some obvious differences and i think definitely more valuable.

i dont think anything should be called "game used" unless it was actually "used" (saw game action) by a player during the game, out on the field. my opinion.