Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

PSA Set Registry Award Winners

they just announce this years winners. has anyone ever won one before? if yes, what category?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: PSA Set Registry Award Winners

What is this exactly????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    they just announce this years winners. has anyone ever won one before? if yes, what category?
    I won a few for my Phillies and Eagles Topps team sets. There was a time when I collected cards and I have about 1600 graded cards in my collection - all of them Eagles and Phillies cards.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    What is this exactly????
    It is primarily awards given to collectors who have a set in the PSA Registry. PSA Registry has sets registered based on collecting based on themes like sets, players, teams, hof players, etc. The best sets are presented awards at a banquet that i believe is held concurrently with the annual National Card Show. There are over 55,000 registered sets based on scores for graded card sets. So the collector with say the best HOF card collection, the best Mickey Mantle collection, the best Dodger collection may get an award.

The main area for awards is card collecting but slowly there are now registry sets for autograph collections and game used collections thru PSA/DNA. There are just over 200 collections in the PSA/DNA registry for autographs and only 2 registered sets are based on Game Used Equipment. The Registry has not caught on yet for other areas besides cards and I do not know whether it will ever catch on.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.