Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does anyone still know the value of baseball cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tay1038 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread. Even the crack with the blue boarder masterpiece card. That was pretty funny!

As I already mentioned my idea is to turn this set in to a framed autographed display piece for my office. So this is just the starting point for me in dropping a boat load of cash. In the back of my head I had in the lower range of $3000 for the complete set with the Babe Ruth /350. My ultimate goal is to pick up the Babe Ruth /50 that is actually part of this set and sell off the /350 one as it was not intended as an insert for the 500 HR set.

My question now is - how much should I discount off if I don't take the Babe Ruth /350? And any idea what the Babe Ruth /50 will cost? There is a guy on eBay that has the whole set plus both both Babe Ruth cards and he wants $8000 for everything. Everything is graded PSA 9 or 10, but really I could care less. I actually prefer mine not to be graded.

Thank you,
    Taylor

remove the Ruth 4500 - 1000 = 3500 value

I'd pay 80% on the Mantle and Williams = .80 X 900 = $720
    and 50% on the other cards in the set. = 3500 - 900 = 2600 @ .50 = $1300

so $2020

He might says I won't break up the set but tell him that he has the wrong Ruth card so its not a complete set afterall.

Personally, I think there's better items to display on the office wall for that amount of cash. To each their own tho. Good luck.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Does anyone still know the value of baseball cards?

Joel,
    Thanks for the math calculations. That's about what I was thinking. And yes, I agree that there are many other things I could purchase for what I'm going to spend on this project but I pretty much have what I need for my personal game-used memorabilia collection. Of course it will always be a never ending adventure. I think what intrigues me about this set is that this set came out during my childhood and I remember that it was the most talked about set to have! Just to have one of the cards would have been a dream! Now, I can't stand baseball cards but I want something that will bring me back to the good old days!

Taylor
    Email: Tay1038@aol.com
    - Interested in Current & Vintage Minnesota Twins game-used memorabilia - Killebrew, Oliva, Carew, Puckett, Hrbek, Blyleven, Mauer, Morneau, Tom Kelly (Manager), Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints