Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jt Sports (gameusedbats.com) Question?

Does anyone know if John Taube negotiates shipping prices? I'm interested in a bat but $25 for shipping in a joke for a 3 lbs bat.

Thanks
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool:

Re: Jt Sports (gameusedbats.com) Question?

Talk him down a few bucks on the bat and call it good. Is $25 vs $10 or $15 really an issue when the bat is probably at minimum $150?

Quote Originally Posted by lowell25 View Post
    Does anyone know if John Taube negotiates shipping prices? I'm interested in a bat but $25 for shipping in a joke for a 3 lbs bat.

Thanks
    Not sure if he negotiates shipping prices but you can always ask. I see sometimes the shipping price is included on his sale items. Anyhow, I agree $25 seems very high but I'm almost positive that the shipping price includes insurance so depending on the price of your bat and where it's being shipped to the postage cost might not be that out of line.

Yes, that figure includes insurance which bumps it up a bit. I would say it never hurts to ask on shaving the bat price down to get the equivalent savings anyway.

It could be worse. I bought a George Bush signed Perez Steele card from the Halper auction years ago and, no kidding, shipping was about $25. The company they were using to ship would not negotiate.

John uses Fedex to ship, so $25 is about right. Try living in Hawaii and having to pay $40! By the way on John sites it's only a $1 to add insurance, if you order threw his web site.

I would say suck it up... Like someone said, surely he'd knock a couple bucks off the bat... but then again, maybe you should be happy that you are getting a guaranteed great bat from the best person in the business. He may laugh at you if you say, "I'll give you $495 for the bat. $500 is too steep."

$25 seems right

He ships them in a bat tube as well, which other dealers sometimes forget to do.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

I'm with the others. You get Fed Ex and insurance, which protects both the buyer and the seller. One of his bats is supposed to be delivered to me today.

Banned

$25 is nothing. MLB auctions charges me $15 and I am less than an hour's drive from where they are shipping the thing. I was interested in an autographed check on Ebay, a very big ticket one and the guy wanted $50 to ship so I opted not to buy. The item was not framed just a check in a PSA slab so $25 for a bat looks like a bargain compared to that.