Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Perfect game....... Blown by ump

Armando Galaragga had it and lost it because of the ump. The man should be fired and lose his job

Almost another perfect game

But ump blew it on the final play. I know others will be mad but i think its best that it was not a perfect game. Because with 3 in one month kills the whole event of a perfect game.

Re: Almost another perfect game

Wow thats horrible, I would have gave him a smack in the mouth for that call.

No way! I was at Braden's and I was still rooting for Armando, especially following Jackson's catch. I don't even know what you say, the last play and the runner was out by a step at least, WOW, just WOW.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    But ump blew it on the final play. I know others will be mad but i think its best that it was not a perfect game. Because with 3 in one month kills the whole event of a perfect game.

Dumbest thing Ive seen in writing today...dude got hosed

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Dumbest thing Ive seen in writing today...dude got hosed
    Sorry its the dumbest thing but it's the way i feel. A perfect game is something that should only come around acouple times and not three times in a month.

Also what if the base runner was called out but on replay he was safe, that would be worse than what happened.

Just finished watching the game....even as an Indians fan I am disappointed in the call. Even Jason Donald was upset about being called out...you could see him put his hands on his head after being called safe. Really too bad.

Worst call I have seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Sorry its the dumbest thing but it's the way i feel. A perfect game is something that should only come around acouple times and not three times in a month.

Also what if the base runner was called out but on replay he was safe, that would be worse than what happened.
    We have time limits on history now? And they should only happen when you say so? Got it...

He wasn't safe and wasn't called out so why even try to make an argument out of it?

Since we are playing what if's, I guess you would be ok with it if it would have just happened to Phil Hughes as well...

I heard Galarraga was one out from a perfect game and switched over in time to see the play where the runner was called safe on what would have been the last out. He appeared to be so clearly out that the announcers and I wondered if Galarraga missed the bag. The replay appears to show he touched it and it was a good half step ahead of the runner. If the pithcer touched the bag, and again it sure appeared he did the batter was CLEARLY out. On the last out of the game on a ball hit to first where the pitcher is covering there is no reason for the umpire not to be in perfect position to make the call. You never want to accuse someone of doing something intentionally, but on a play that important where most umpires would have given the benefit of the doubt to the perfect game you have to wonder if the umpire just didn't want him to have the perfect game for some reason. I know its unfair to say something like that but I can't imagine how the umpire "missed" it otherwise. What kind of rep does he have as an umpire?