Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Albert Pujoles Game Used Old Hickory bat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Ga...#ht_500wt_1070

Here is the link. I like the bat, I think everything fits except for a concern about the tar towards the bottom, but I mean the guy has had light pine tar on his handles before.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrewSackers View Post
    Yeah, a lot of his bats are batting practice bats. The Corey Hart bat he just put up is a batting practice bat too. The Prince Fielder bat he has for 499 is also one. The deep white marks are always a dead give away. I also watch every at bat for all the Brewers so I know. I think John T's prices are insane for bats that for the most part aren't really "gameused".

Brew Crew,

Your post is absolutely ridiculous. I have worked and have been around Major League Locker rooms my whole life. For you to make the statement that leather transfers are products of BP use ONLY is one of the most ludicrous things I have heard on this forum. We all have our points of view and that is fine but to pass it off to other people with the justification that you "watch every at bat for all the Brewers" is ludicrous. Then on top of all this you attack a staple of the game used community because you feel is pricing isn't meeting YOUR standards. Get real, this post sounds like sour grapes not usefull information.

Anthony

Agreed. I always look to JT first, that is one thing I have learned coming onto this forum, I always feel safer purchasing, I also think the prices are more than fair. One of the major things I have learned in this forum is that if he ok's it, then it's worth it.

I dont understand the dead give away on white deep seem marks? That doesnt make any sense.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Agreed. I always look to JT first, that is one thing I have learned coming onto this forum, I always feel safer purchasing, I also think the prices are more than fair. One of the major things I have learned in this forum is that if he ok's it, then it's worth it.

I dont understand the dead give away on white deep seem marks? That doesnt make any sense.

-Tony
    Blanket statements like this is what could eventually lead to problems if you don't do your own research.
    Even well respected dealers/authenticators make mistakes and can't possibly know each players traits. As a collector that focuses on a few players, there have been a couple bats on his site that I have passed on due to the fact that I did not believe that they were used by the particular player.

Bert,

Did you own that Louisville Pujols that was recently on ebat, I think it was a M356, the upper barrel is cracked and broken off. I saw in an old forum you posted a picture and it looked exactly the same. What are your thoughts on it?

-Tony

Tony... send me an email
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Blanket statements like this is what could eventually lead to problems if you don't do your own research.
    Even well respected dealers/authenticators make mistakes and can't possibly know each players traits. As a collector that focuses on a few players, there have been a couple bats on his site that I have passed on due to the fact that I did not believe that they were used by the particular player.
    haha, look im not going to buy something Im not comfortable with. But I would feel more comfortable with these guys Ok'ing, other than "Bobs card shop", a corner store on Gratiot. Or Bill Hicks, reputable Ebay dealer. Im just saying, these guys do it for a living, sure mistakes can be made in anything, but I would feel more comfortable with these guys Ok'ing a bat.

-Tony

kellsox,

I appreciate your reply though. When I was 21-22 I was not very educated, and got burned on some stuff.

Banned

Just from my experience.... That is a ton of use for a Pujols Gamer. Up until recently he started to apply noticeable amounts for tar on his bats. Also if you look at any of his gamers from 01-07/08 era the bats look hardly used (minus the occasional DEEP seam marks). Just my two cents...

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.or...Primer2006.pdf

Clay

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    Just from my experience.... That is a ton of use for a Pujols Gamer. Up until recently he started to apply noticeable amounts for tar on his bats. Also if you look at any of his gamers from 01-07/08 era the bats look hardly used (minus the occasional DEEP seam marks). Just my two cents...

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.or...Primer2006.pdf

Clay
    Clay, please contact me!

I agree with Clay. The amount of tar on this bat is not consistent with what you would expect on a bat used exclusively by Albert circa 2006.

The amount of tar used by Albert seemed to increase slightly from 2007 to 2008 and then noticeably from 2008 to 2009/2010.

But in 2006 his tar usage was still comparatively light, so much so that in some cases (such as the legit 2006 Pujols currently on Hunt Auctions), the tar is barely visible in photographs.

Regardless of year, the lower grip area should appear devoid of pine tar.

Of course, as has already been pointed out, this bat may have been used by Albert and then by another player who added more tar. That would certainly make sense for a BP bat.

In any case, you don't see a bunch of Pujols branded Old Hickory bats in the market, so it's a bit distinctive in that regard. Enjoy it!

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com