Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Almost another perfect game

lost in this mess was an unbelievable catch in center to keep the no hitter intact in the 9th....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    But ump blew it on the final play. I know others will be mad but i think its best that it was not a perfect game. Because with 3 in one month kills the whole event of a perfect game.
    No hard feelings please take this with just humor (I have to), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    No hard feelings please take this with just humor (I have to), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    I saw this the first time you posted it on a diff thread and it made my day, you did it again. thanks mr. milledge

[QUOTE=LastingsMilledge85;203200]No hard feelings please take this with just humor (I have to), [URL]

classic!

I would be very surprised if they don't overturn this and rule it a perfect game.I think the ruling will come out today on it.Just what i think.

I can see if it was a bang-bang play, but it wasn't even close. The runner was clearly out!

Do you think that ump is prejudice? If it was a "white" pitcher on the mound, do you think the outcome would have been different?

Bobby

I was there last night....28 straight outs!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    it would be cool if it was overturned. would love to have the second Perfect Game from a pitcher who happen to be Hispanic. Baltimore's Denis Martinez being the first.
    FYI: Martinez was an Expo when he threw his perfecto.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/07281991.shtml
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I TOTALLY disagree with the post of Yanks12025, but there was NO reason to make a PERSONAL attack on him. I think its the people who attack others personally rather than use logic to argue with them who ought to either refrain from doing it or not post themselves. When I made the comment wondering if the umpire did want the mo hitterto take place for some reason I really meant was there something in his sub conscience that made him call the play wrong. This not a play in some 12 -3 game in late August between two teams that were out of the race. This was a very important and for baseball routinely easy call in a no hitter. If he missed one this easy and important it makes you wonder what other calls he is missing. And I hate to see racism attributed to someone without proof. Right not we have no more reason to think Joyce wouldn't have made the same horrible call if Verlander had been pitching.

I have this real stupid thing I do called "thinking." I look at a situation and based upon logic and prior experience make an opinion which is grounded in fact. If I make a mistake, I apologize and try to make it right. I'm human, I mess up but I also take responsibility for those mistakes.

If the Ump says he messed up and the whole world sees he made a mistake, can someone explain why this wasn't just overturned last night? Perfect game, no hitter, 0-0 in the 4th inning between two teams with a sub .500 record in late August. It doesn't matter. If the Umpire makes a mistake and apologizes and the call is overturned, that is called integrity. In a sport that seemed to be drowing in steroids for the last decade to have pitchers suddenly throwing no-hitters like they are Nolan Ryan is incredible. It says to me that maybe Baseball has cleaned up their act a little. Maybe it's not just roid induced hitting records.

Today, Bud Solig gets a truly golden opportunity to do the right thing for baseball. He also has a once in a lifetime chance to take his name out of the headlines for ruining the Game and instead for doing what was right to HELP the game.

We cannot look at the situation with an eye for what it may lead to. This is a once in a lifetime chance to see a grevious error and to fix it. It does not have to lead to replays or coaches challenges. It will however lead to a renewed faith that the Management of MLB stands for the integrity of the game, for making sure that a player who does everything right and earns his Perfect Game will not have it stolen from him by what amounts to a proverbial clerical mistake.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com